Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Need help with iTunes

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2007
gilligan
 

Posts: n/a
Need help with iTunes
Everytime I try to sync my new and old ipod I get the following error message:

--Attempting to copy to the disk "NANO" falied. You do not have enough
access privileges for this operation.

iTunes could not save to your music folder because you do not have write
access. Check the permissions on your music folder and folders in your music
folder, then try copying this file again.--


I have tried to reinstall itunes with no sucess. I am using the admin
account and it does not help. I called apple and they said to contact
microsoft.

Can anyone help??

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2007
Randy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Need help with iTunes
Hello Gilligan,

Have you tried to install itunes with windows xp compatibility mode?

"gilligan" wrote:

> Everytime I try to sync my new and old ipod I get the following error message:
>
> --Attempting to copy to the disk "NANO" falied. You do not have enough
> access privileges for this operation.
>
> iTunes could not save to your music folder because you do not have write
> access. Check the permissions on your music folder and folders in your music
> folder, then try copying this file again.--
>
>
> I have tried to reinstall itunes with no sucess. I am using the admin
> account and it does not help. I called apple and they said to contact
> microsoft.
>
> Can anyone help??
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2007
dmex
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need help with iTunes

There is a microsoft ipod update that rolled out last week, it prevents
corruption of ipods in vista. At this time itunes and ipods are totally
unsupported in vista as there is no fully compadible software from apple
released, untill a future date when a version supporting vista is
released expect problems.


--
dmex
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2007
gilligan
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Need help with iTunes
iTunes worked before with Vista. I created a new admin account and that fixed
the problem but I would still like to get it working on my primary account.

"Randy" wrote:

> Hello Gilligan,
>
> Have you tried to install itunes with windows xp compatibility mode?
>
> "gilligan" wrote:
>
> > Everytime I try to sync my new and old ipod I get the following error message:
> >
> > --Attempting to copy to the disk "NANO" falied. You do not have enough
> > access privileges for this operation.
> >
> > iTunes could not save to your music folder because you do not have write
> > access. Check the permissions on your music folder and folders in your music
> > folder, then try copying this file again.--
> >
> >
> > I have tried to reinstall itunes with no sucess. I am using the admin
> > account and it does not help. I called apple and they said to contact
> > microsoft.
> >
> > Can anyone help??
> >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2007
jmm
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need help with iTunes
Not really sure what you are talking about. I have been running Itunes with
my nano for the past few months on my Vista machine. I believe I ran the
installer from my user account and entered my admin password when prompted to
do so. I would uninstall your previous installation first. I would make sure
you have the latest version of Itunes so you are not trying to install
anything too old. I am using version 7.1.1.5
Good luck.

"dmex" wrote:

>
> There is a microsoft ipod update that rolled out last week, it prevents
> corruption of ipods in vista. At this time itunes and ipods are totally
> unsupported in vista as there is no fully compadible software from apple
> released, untill a future date when a version supporting vista is
> released expect problems.
>
>
> --
> dmex
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iTunes =?Utf-8?B?Um9zaWUgRw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 4 03-27-2007 16:42
iTunes 7.1.1 =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-25-2007 16:52
itunes =?Utf-8?B?RGVicmEgRC4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 03-20-2007 00:59
ITunes Greg Zygadlo microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 03-01-2007 02:57
Itunes Dragoro microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-17-2007 06:45




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:04.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120