Damn Vista,

Haroon

Damn Vista,
I am using Vista Home Premium. I always logged in from administrator account
and still it doesn't allow to install softwares like ActiveX controls or
updates fom Dell like Bios updates.It always prompts me to log in from
administrator account to install these softwares. I dont know which why it is
not allowing me even though I am logged in as administrator. After using
Vista my impression is that it has useless securities which we usually dont
require. Can anybody please help?
Bruce Chambers

Re: Damn Vista,
Haroon wrote:
> I am using Vista Home Premium. I always logged in from administrator account
> and still it doesn't allow to install softwares like ActiveX controls or
> updates fom Dell like Bios updates.It always prompts me to log in from
> administrator account to install these softwares. I dont know which why it is
> not allowing me even though I am logged in as administrator. After using
> Vista my impression is that it has useless securities which we usually dont
> require. Can anybody please help?

Help with what, exactly? It sounds as if Vista is behaving as
designed. What do you wish to change or accomplish.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Peter

Re: Damn Vista,
You may be logged in as an Administrator but you are not the actual
Administrator account, which is normally hidden. This UAC Protection is
there for a very good reason - to allow for mistakes - you get to double
check each move that involves security. You can always use "Run as
Administrator" by right-clicking the setup.exe and going to
Properties/Compatibilty.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Haroon" <Haroon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Vista Home Premium. I always logged in from administrator
>account
> and still it doesn't allow to install softwares like ActiveX controls or
> updates fom Dell like Bios updates.It always prompts me to log in from
> administrator account to install these softwares. I dont know which why it
> is
> not allowing me even though I am logged in as administrator. After using
> Vista my impression is that it has useless securities which we usually
> dont
> require. Can anybody please help?

Randy

Re: Damn Vista,
I think you may create a new account, sometimes the user profile will be
corrupted after upgrading windows operation system, I have this problem
before in Windows XP.

"Peter" wrote:

> You may be logged in as an Administrator but you are not the actual
> Administrator account, which is normally hidden. This UAC Protection is
> there for a very good reason - to allow for mistakes - you get to double
> check each move that involves security. You can always use "Run as
> Administrator" by right-clicking the setup.exe and going to
> Properties/Compatibilty.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate Triple Boot
> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
> Soundblaster Audigy 4 PCI Sound
> ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP Graphics
> "Haroon" <Haroon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Vista Home Premium. I always logged in from administrator
> >account
> > and still it doesn't allow to install softwares like ActiveX controls or
> > updates fom Dell like Bios updates.It always prompts me to log in from
> > administrator account to install these softwares. I dont know which why it
> > is
> > not allowing me even though I am logged in as administrator. After using
> > Vista my impression is that it has useless securities which we usually
> > dont
> > require. Can anybody please help?

Tim

Re: Damn Vista,
In addition to the other comments made so far, you really shouldn't be
trying to install BIOS updates from Windows (Vista, XP, or any other
version). They should be installed from DOS or some other bootable
CD/floppy. Read and follow the BIOS update directions very carefully...if
done incorrectly, you could turn your motherboard into a non-bootable brick
(or brick-like substance).

Not sure why you say Vista has useless securities that we don't require...if
you're connected to the net (and it appears that you are), you *require*
security. Vista is more secure than before...albeit annoyingly, but still
more secure.

Tim