VISTA

riskman

VISTA
In general, I'm about ready to format my new computer's hard drive and
install XP Professional and just get rid of Vista. I'm a mobile professional
and can't afford to buy two of everything I need on my desktop and laptop.
It's unclear to me if Microsoft has "helped" the computing world beyond
making things so secure as to be nearly unuseable.
--
Riskman
dmex

Re: VISTA

Vista does have many bugs and you are able to remove/disable things you
do not like, if it really concerns you just install XP untill SP1 for
vista comes out with the majority of bugs fixed and made more stable.

--
dmex
Kerry Brown

Re: VISTA
"riskman" <riskman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In general, I'm about ready to format my new computer's hard drive and
> install XP Professional and just get rid of Vista. I'm a mobile
> professional
> and can't afford to buy two of everything I need on my desktop and laptop.
> It's unclear to me if Microsoft has "helped" the computing world beyond
> making things so secure as to be nearly unuseable.
> --
> Riskman

I don't understand what you mean by "buy two of everything" With most
software the license is for one computer. If you have two computers you need
two copies. How does Vista change this?

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: VISTA
"can't afford to buy two of everything"
A great many can't.
But how does this relate to Windows Vista?
Most hardware and software designed for Windows Vista works with
Windows Vista.

If you have specific problems, start a new thread in an appropriate
newsgroup and someone will probably be able to give a solution.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"riskman" <riskman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In general, I'm about ready to format my new computer's hard drive
> and
> install XP Professional and just get rid of Vista. I'm a mobile
> professional
> and can't afford to buy two of everything I need on my desktop and
> laptop.
> It's unclear to me if Microsoft has "helped" the computing world
> beyond
> making things so secure as to be nearly unuseable.
> --
> Riskman

Robert Moir

Re: VISTA

"riskman" <riskman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In general, I'm about ready to format my new computer's hard drive and
> install XP Professional and just get rid of Vista.

That surely makes sense. While I'm gritting my teeth and pushing on with
Vista at home, I've recently re-installed XP Pro at work.

> I'm a mobile professional
> and can't afford to buy two of everything I need on my desktop and laptop.

But I don't see how you get here from your previous statement. It makes no
sense. Windows' licences, agree with them or not, are much the same in this
regard for both the versions of Windows that you mention. And using Vista
makes no changes to your licence terms for Microsoft Office, say, and most
certainly not to non-Microsoft software.