You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation

=?Utf-8?B?QlBH?=

You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation
I open up windows explorer and click on network.
I see my print server and attemp to add a printer.
I get the message you do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation.
This area is not like installed programs that allow you to ask it to run as
administrator.

When I tried to download Vista updates from Sony using Sony download taxi I
get the same type message. Error you must be logged on as an administrator.

It appears that Vista does not have my account as a full administartor? I am
the only user on this PC. I tried reloading the PC with clean install and
still have the same problem.
=?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=

RE: You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation
It's actually quite simple

I had this problem numerous times and consulted this hlep site.

I found an article with the same problem as you do.
To run apps and games with Admin rights, right click the app icon and select
the "Run as Admin" button (has a windows security shield next to it).

that should solve your problem

"BPG" wrote:

> I open up windows explorer and click on network.
> I see my print server and attemp to add a printer.
> I get the message you do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation.
> This area is not like installed programs that allow you to ask it to run as
> administrator.
>
> When I tried to download Vista updates from Sony using Sony download taxi I
> get the same type message. Error you must be logged on as an administrator.
>
> It appears that Vista does not have my account as a full administartor? I am
> the only user on this PC. I tried reloading the PC with clean install and
> still have the same problem.

=?Utf-8?B?QlBH?=

RE: You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation
Andy,
Thanks for the input.
The solution you gave I have already tried, I found it after I posted the
problem. It works for programs that you start from your PC. Programs such as
sownload taxi from Sony is activated by Sony's website so you can not start
it as an Administrator. This does not work for the printer problem I also
mentioned.

Thanks for your help and hopefully you can help me with my other issues.