Can I repair parental controls service?

Paul Spoerry

Can I repair parental controls service?
A multi-card reader USB device caused Vista to go funky so I used system
restore to go back to before the device was installed. Now, parental controls
is blocking access to anyone who isn't an administrator. Even if parental
controls are not assigned to an account the user is unable to go ANYWHERE on
the net. They receive a message that the parental controls service is not
running. I checked, sure enough it's set to automatic startup but when I
start it I get an error.

I've tried setting the service to logon of Network Service (using blank
password since I don't know the system generated password) and I get the
following error... I also get this error if I try to run under Local System
Account:
"The Parental Controls service failed to start due to the following error:
The account specified for this service is different from the account
specified for other services running in the same process."

I then tried to run under Local Service but then get the following:
"The Parental Controls service terminated with the following error:
General access denied error"

Is there a way to reinstall the parental controls service? Is there a way to
find out what account the "other services running in the same process" are
running as? What services could it be talking about?

Please help!!

Paul Spoerry
Randy

RE: Can I repair parental controls service?
for my opinion, the current account may corrupted after using system restore.
i think you could create a new account to have a test.