How to get usercode/password/domain login dialog box ?

Francois PIETTE

How to get usercode/password/domain login dialog box ?
I would like to configure my Vista Ultimate so that I get the
usercode/password/domain dialog box instead of the user list with icons.
Under XP it was very easy to select the traditional login dialog box instead
of the user list, but this option is gone from the user account management
applet in control panel. Even in "control userpasswords2" I don't find any
option to restore the traditional login dialog box.

Any help appreciated.

--
Francois PIETTE
http://www.overbyte.be

jimmuh

RE: How to get usercode/password/domain login dialog box ?
Open the group policy editor. Navigate to Local Computer Policy | Computer
Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies |
Security Policies. In the right-hand pane you need to change two policies:

Interactive logon: Do not display last user name - Enabled
Interactive logon: Do not requrie CTRL+ALT+DEL - Disabled

Now, the result is NOT going to look just like the CTRL+ALT+DEL box in
earlier versions of Windows, but you will get essentially the same effect,
from a security standpoint.

"Francois PIETTE" wrote:

> I would like to configure my Vista Ultimate so that I get the
> usercode/password/domain dialog box instead of the user list with icons.
> Under XP it was very easy to select the traditional login dialog box instead
> of the user list, but this option is gone from the user account management
> applet in control panel. Even in "control userpasswords2" I don't find any
> option to restore the traditional login dialog box.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> --
> Francois PIETTE
> http://www.overbyte.be

Francois PIETTE

Re: How to get usercode/password/domain login dialog box ?
Thank you jimmuh !

> Now, the result is NOT going to look just like the CTRL+ALT+DEL box in
> earlier versions of Windows, but you will get essentially the same effect,
> from a security standpoint.

This is exactly what I was looking for.
Again thanks.

--
Francois PIETTE
http://www.overbyte.be

"jimmuh" <jimmuh@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Open the group policy editor. Navigate to Local Computer Policy | Computer
> Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies |
> Security Policies. In the right-hand pane you need to change two policies:
>
> Interactive logon: Do not display last user name - Enabled
> Interactive logon: Do not requrie CTRL+ALT+DEL - Disabled
>
> Now, the result is NOT going to look just like the CTRL+ALT+DEL box in
> earlier versions of Windows, but you will get essentially the same effect,
> from a security standpoint.
>
> "Francois PIETTE" wrote:
>
>> I would like to configure my Vista Ultimate so that I get the
>> usercode/password/domain dialog box instead of the user list with icons.
>> Under XP it was very easy to select the traditional login dialog box
>> instead
>> of the user list, but this option is gone from the user account
>> management
>> applet in control panel. Even in "control userpasswords2" I don't find
>> any
>> option to restore the traditional login dialog box.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Francois PIETTE
>> http://www.overbyte.be

jimmuh

Re: How to get usercode/password/domain login dialog box ?
You're most welcome!

BTW, you have a very interesting looking Web site. I'm kind of stretched
thin at the moment, but I've bookmarked it so that I can look it over later
on.

Have a nice day!