"MS Access With Vista

Ross

"MS Access With Vista

I am an Access Developer who uses personal custom code to automate the
production of VBA Code (in MS Access 2003). This code works beautifully with
XP. It doesn't work with VISTA.

This will slow my coding speed by 500% and cost me many hundreds of
keystrokes a day. I may have to return to XP for this reason alone.

I am using an Access Hotkey to run VBA Code written to produce SQL strings
automatically using the "SENDKEYS" command to type out the redundant string
characters. The code locks on the SENDKEYS line with the following Error
Message:

Runtime Error '70':

Permission Denied

My Account type in VISTA is Administrator. How do I get past this error.
I am 98% sure that ACCESS is not doing this because the same code has run for
years in XP.

This is really a big deal for me and I have spent many hours trying to
resolve it.

Thank you in advance for some advice or a solution.

Sincerely,

Ross

retroman

Re: "MS Access With Vista
On Wed, 23 May 2007 20:17:00 -0700, Ross
<Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am an Access Developer who uses personal custom code to automate the
>production of VBA Code (in MS Access 2003). This code works beautifully with
>XP. It doesn't work with VISTA.
>
>This will slow my coding speed by 500% and cost me many hundreds of
>keystrokes a day. I may have to return to XP for this reason alone.
>
>I am using an Access Hotkey to run VBA Code written to produce SQL strings
>automatically using the "SENDKEYS" command to type out the redundant string
>characters. The code locks on the SENDKEYS line with the following Error
>Message:
>
>Runtime Error '70':
>
>Permission Denied
>
>My Account type in VISTA is Administrator. How do I get past this error.
>I am 98% sure that ACCESS is not doing this because the same code has run for
>years in XP.
>
>This is really a big deal for me and I have spent many hours trying to
>resolve it.
>
>Thank you in advance for some advice or a solution.

Hello Ross,

Apparently, MS decided that Sendkeys is a security risk. Google on
"Sendkeys Vista" to see some of the many discussions on this subject.
For example:

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/sho...&tf=0&pageid=1

Try turning off UAC for starters (User Accounts screen in Control
Panel). However, this cripples most of the new security features and
may affect how other applications run, so it's not a permanent
solution.

The VB and Access forums are the places to look for other solutions,
but my impression is that no one fix works for everyone without side
effects and/or recoding.

Doug M. in NJ
Ross

Re: "MS Access With Vista
I tried the Access Forum and noone seems to want to talk about VISTA until it
"Hits Home".

UAC Off Works!

I shall heed you warning but feel like I would sell my soul to save those
keystrokes.

Many Thanks