Startup password

KaleIam is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Startup password
Ok, so some time ago I enable the start up password on my computer and now it's just annoying having to type it in then type in the password to log into windows. Anyways, it's not the bios password, it actually says windows start up password on the box where you have to type it in. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kale

Chetty is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Startup password
You mean windows log in password, don't you? Go back to where you enabled the password (User accounts) and delete the password. Leave it blank. That should do it.

KaleIam is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Startup password
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetty View Post
You mean windows log in password, don't you? Go back to where you enabled the password (User accounts) and delete the password. Leave it blank. That should do it.
No not the main windows log on. It's when you first turn on your computer a box pops up and tells you to enter the windows start up password.

Chetty is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Startup password
Is it that you know the password, but forgot how to set up or remove it?

Get in to CMOS/BIOS set up at start-up. If you have set up CMOS password also, it will ask for that. Well, get in. Go to 'security' tab. You will find three passwords: Supervisor password, User password and password on boot. Disable the password on boot.

KaleIam is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Startup password
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetty View Post
Is it that you know the password, but forgot how to set up or remove it?

Get in to CMOS/BIOS set up at start-up. If you have set up CMOS password also, it will ask for that. Well, get in. Go to 'security' tab. You will find three passwords: Supervisor password, User password and password on boot. Disable the password on boot.
No it's not bios. I know the password for it, I'm just tired of having to type that one in then type in the main windows password. Here's a pic I took of it so you can actually see. Thanks for the help.

Chetty is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Startup password
Did you open the CMOS/BIOS and check for the option to disable power-on password / password on boot?

Just to clarify... I am not talking about the password to open CMOS.

Did you use any third party software to set up start-up password?

KaleIam is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Startup password
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetty View Post
Did you open the CMOS/BIOS and check for the option to disable power-on password / password on boot?

Just to clarify... I am not talking about the password to open CMOS.

Did you use any third party software to set up start-up password?
Ya I checked the BIOS and it was disabled. I don't recall using a third party app to put it on, I'm pretty sure I did it without one I just can't remember how lol.

Chetty is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Startup password
What are the password options available in your BIOS?
Which passwords are installed/ not installed / enabled / disabled??
Give the name and status of each password option.

KaleIam is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Startup password
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetty View Post
What are the password options available in your BIOS?
Which passwords are installed/ not installed / enabled / disabled??
Give the name and status of each password option.
Ok here's exactly what it says...

Supervisor Password Is: Set
User Password Is: Clear

Set Supervisor Password [ENTER]
Set User Password [ENTER]

Set HDD Password [ENTER]
HDD Password Is: Clear

Diskette access: [Supervisor]
Fixed disk boot sector: [Normal]
Password on Boot: [Disabled]

Thanks again!

Chetty is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Startup password
Have you enabled network authentication password? You can also access it from Internet options>connections>settings>properties>security.

Please check

All the best.