Automatic user sign in

Edge8402

Automatic user sign in
without a Tweakui I can not seem to find a way to have a user automaticly
sign into windows vista on startup. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Mike Brannigan

Re: Automatic user sign in

"Edge8402" <Edge8402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> without a Tweakui I can not seem to find a way to have a user automaticly
> sign into windows vista on startup. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

see
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...3dd9d1033.mspx

Of course you could have found this yourself
Start ... Help and Support and type in automatic logon
Please try and search the built in help and online prior to posting in
support newsgroups.

--

Mike Brannigan

Edge8402

Re: Automatic user sign in
I appreciate the help, and the sarcasm. I did just find a solution other than
the one you listed in the form of the autologon command line utility.

"Mike Brannigan" wrote:

> "Edge8402" <Edge8402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > without a Tweakui I can not seem to find a way to have a user automaticly
> > sign into windows vista on startup. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

> see
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...3dd9d1033.mspx
>
> Of course you could have found this yourself
> Start ... Help and Support and type in automatic logon
> Please try and search the built in help and online prior to posting in
> support newsgroups.
>
> --
>
> Mike Brannigan

D Bear

Re: Automatic user sign in
D Bear

"Edge8402" wrote:

> I appreciate the help, and the sarcasm. I did just find a solution other than
> the one you listed in the form of the autologon command line utility.
>
> "Mike Brannigan" wrote:
>

> > "Edge8402" <Edge8402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > without a Tweakui I can not seem to find a way to have a user automaticly
> > > sign into windows vista on startup. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

> > see
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...3dd9d1033.mspx
> >

> > Of course you could have found this yourself
> > Start ... Help and Support and type in automatic logon
> > Please try and search the built in help and online prior to posting in
> > support newsgroups.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mike Brannigan

Mike where is the search box that I'm supposed to type in "control
userpasswords2" I have put this in every search box i can find to no evail.
Yes i have gone all through help etc.

D Bear

Re: Automatic user sign in

"D Bear" wrote:

> D Bear
>
> "Edge8402" wrote:
>
> > I appreciate the help, and the sarcasm. I did just find a solution other than
> > the one you listed in the form of the autologon command line utility.
> >
> > "Mike Brannigan" wrote:
> >

> > > "Edge8402" <Edge8402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > see
> > > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...3dd9d1033.mspx
> > >

> > > Of course you could have found this yourself
> > > Start ... Help and Support and type in automatic logon
> > > Please try and search the built in help and online prior to posting in
> > > support newsgroups.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Mike Brannigan
> > >

> Mike where is the search box that I'm supposed to type in "control
> userpasswords2" I have put this in every search box i can find to no evail.
> Yes i have gone all through help etc.

brink

Re: Automatic user sign in

D Bear;417166 Wrote:
> Where is the search box that I'm supposed to type in "control
> userpasswords2" I have put this in every search box i can find to no
> evail.
> Yes i have gone all through help etc.

Hi D Bear,

You can look at this link on how to do it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...matically.html

Shawn

--
brink

_http://www.Vistax64.com (\"http://www.Vistax64.com\")_
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Mike Brannigan

Re: Automatic user sign in
"D Bear" <D Bear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>D Bear
>
> "Edge8402" wrote:
>
>> I appreciate the help, and the sarcasm. I did just find a solution other
>> than
>> the one you listed in the form of the autologon command line utility.
>>
>> "Mike Brannigan" wrote:
>>

>> > "Edge8402" <Edge8402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > see
>> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...3dd9d1033.mspx
>> >

>> > Of course you could have found this yourself
>> > Start ... Help and Support and type in automatic logon
>> > Please try and search the built in help and online prior to posting in
>> > support newsgroups.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Mike Brannigan
>> >

> Mike where is the search box that I'm supposed to type in "control
> userpasswords2" I have put this in every search box i can find to no
> evail.
> Yes i have gone all through help etc.

I never said search for "control userpasswords2"
I said search for "automatic logon"
And you do this from
the Start button ... Help and Support ... Then at the top where is says
"Search Help" just type in the search criteria you re looking for - in this
case automatic logon
And then either press return or click on the little magnifying glass to do
the search. The answer you seek was number 2 on my machine.
--

Mike Brannigan