Will not save logon credentials for networking

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1cHB5?=

Will not save logon credentials for networking
Hi,

I got myself a copy of Vista Home Premium OEM yesterday. I am still unsure
of whether I like it or not - but one thing that is REALLY trying my patience
that I spent 2hrs trying to sort last night.

In XP, when connecting to other computers, you could save the username and
password so that you dont have to enter it everytime you after you restart or
whatever (by ticking the "remember password" box). In Vista, it doesn't seem
to work. When I connect to another computer on my network, I get the Windows
login box like normal - I enter the username and password, I tick the
"remember" box, and it connects. After I reboot, I have to do it again -
instead of it remembering it like it should.

When I go into Accounts and go into "Manage my network passwords" (or sommet
like that), and I click to add a new password - I cannot create "A Windows
Logon Credential". I can only create the web one. The radio button for
Windows Logon is greyed out.

I REALLY hope this is something that is not built into Home Premium
otherwise I will feel 100% cheated out of 80 quid. But I am confident that
its some security thing that just needs to be got round.

Any ideas?
=?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?=

RE: Will not save logon credentials for networking
I attempted to look up anything I could, and my version of Ultimate does
allow you to tick that radio button. The only page I could find that might
explain is...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...s/default.mspx

And it describes Business and Ultimate edition as "Business networking and
Remote Desktop for easier connectivity".

This might mean the option is only for business and ultimate editions. In
that case you might consider swapping your version for Business or Ultimate.