Logon error

kimmer

Logon error
I have only had my new computer for about a week, and now when I boot up it
gives me the message automatically "the user name or password is incorrect"
BEFORE I even attempt to type in a user name or password. Then, I am able to
logon by entering my user name and password. Is there any way to get rid of
this annoying error message when I first boot up? It automatically seems to
be trying to log me on with one particular name which turns out to be
incorrect.

Also, it no longer gives me a choice of which user name to logon with unless
I "switch users". How can I change that?
Buellpilot

Re: Logon error
and the run menu type

control userpasswords2

Is there a tick in the User must enter a user name and password option?
if not tick it.

"kimmer" <kimmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have only had my new computer for about a week, and now when I boot up it
> gives me the message automatically "the user name or password is
> incorrect"
> BEFORE I even attempt to type in a user name or password. Then, I am able
> logon by entering my user name and password. Is there any way to get rid
> of
> this annoying error message when I first boot up? It automatically seems
> be trying to log me on with one particular name which turns out to be
> incorrect.
>
> Also, it no longer gives me a choice of which user name to logon with
> unless
> I "switch users". How can I change that?

kimmer

Re: Logon error

Thanks for the quick response Buellpilot! Your advice seems to work. Thanks!

"Buellpilot" wrote:

> and the run menu type
>
> control userpasswords2
>
> Is there a tick in the User must enter a user name and password option?
> if not tick it.
>

> "kimmer" <kimmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have only had my new computer for about a week, and now when I boot up it
> > gives me the message automatically "the user name or password is
> > incorrect"
> > BEFORE I even attempt to type in a user name or password. Then, I am able
> > logon by entering my user name and password. Is there any way to get rid
> > of
> > this annoying error message when I first boot up? It automatically seems
> > be trying to log me on with one particular name which turns out to be
> > incorrect.
> >
> > Also, it no longer gives me a choice of which user name to logon with
> > unless
> > I "switch users". How can I change that?

Ella May Tolbert

RE: Logon error

--
bloominglikeaflower...