Can not create new user account

xraydr22

Can not create new user account
I am trying to create additional standard user accounts--I go thru Control
Panel/User Accounts/Create a New Account, type in a name, click on Standard
User, and hit "Create Account", and nothing happens--any suggestions?
Norbster

RE: Can not create new user account
Are you logged on with Admin rights?

-Norbster

"xraydr22" wrote:

> I am trying to create additional standard user accounts--I go thru Control
> Panel/User Accounts/Create a New Account, type in a name, click on Standard
> User, and hit "Create Account", and nothing happens--any suggestions?

xraydr22

RE: Can not create new user account
Yes, the only user I have been able to create was the original Administrator
user. Then when I try to add additional users, it never lets me finish the
process, recycling to the screen that says, "Choose the account you would
like to change"

"Norbster" wrote:

> Are you logged on with Admin rights?
>
> -Norbster
>
> "xraydr22" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to create additional standard user accounts--I go thru Control
> > Panel/User Accounts/Create a New Account, type in a name, click on Standard
> > User, and hit "Create Account", and nothing happens--any suggestions?

Norbster

RE: Can not create new user account
Try right clicking on "Computer" > Manage. Expand Users and Groups > then
select users. You should see the list of users that are currently on the
system. From the file menu click Action > New User... Fill in the
information, I suggest un-checking user must change password, and click
create. When (if) the new user shows up in the list add them to whatever
group you need them to be assigned to.

-Norbster

"xraydr22" wrote:

> Yes, the only user I have been able to create was the original Administrator
> user. Then when I try to add additional users, it never lets me finish the
> process, recycling to the screen that says, "Choose the account you would
> like to change"

baysdc

RE: Can not create new user account
I am having same problem, went into computer, manage I do not see 'expand
users and groups' perhaps located differently in vista?
Norbster

RE: Can not create new user account
Click the square box with a plus (+) sign in it - so it turns into a minus
(-) sign, next to "Users and Groups".

"baysdc" wrote:

> I am having same problem, went into computer, manage I do not see 'expand
> users and groups' perhaps located differently in vista?

AnTeevY

RE: Can not create new user account
I've got the same problem, and there is no "Users and Groups"
Norbster

RE: Can not create new user account
I wonder if the reason this isn't showing up is that simple file sharing is
enabled. I'm unsure how you would be able to get to this in Vista (I'm using
XP & don't have access to a vista box). In XP you'd open My Computer then
click Tools > Folder Options. Switch to the "View" tab and scroll all the way
to the bottom (XP only?) and un-check "Use simple file sharing
(Recommended)".

Please let me know if that works.

"AnTeevY" wrote:

> I've got the same problem, and there is no "Users and Groups"

AnTeevY

RE: Can not create new user account
There is only a "Use File Sharing Assistant" checkbox which I deactivated...
but nothing changed.

Thanks anyway.
Moany

Re: Can not create new user account

I'm having a similar problem. I can apparently create a new user account
when logged in as Administrator, either via Control Panel in the normal
way or by following the approach outlined by Nobster above. However when
I go to 'Switch User' and try to log in to the new account I initially
see the 'Welcome' screen, then almost immediately 'Logging Off' and I'm
back to the log in screen again. The same applies if I enable the
built-in 'Guest' account. Any thoughts anyone?

--
Moany