Create a form that can be e-mailed

Natasha

Create a form that can be e-mailed
how do i create a form, attach it to an e-mail for completion by the
recipient, it will need to have check boxes, areas for text insertion etc...
to return to me? I have been working on this all day - and i am clueless! I
have windows vista and office 2007 by the way.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Create a form that can be e-mailed
I'd suggest some Microsoft Word tutorials and/or help books.

"Natasha" <Natasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i create a form, attach it to an e-mail for completion by the
> recipient, it will need to have check boxes, areas for text insertion
> etc...
> to return to me? I have been working on this all day - and i am clueless!
> have windows vista and office 2007 by the way.

dollard

RE: Create a form that can be e-mailed
This forum won't let me start a new post-I can only reply to existing ones-so
I pick one that is similar to my question.
My Vista came with a free 60 day trial of Microsoft Office 2007. It says if
I want to send someone anything I have written in Office 2007 I will have to
send them a file conversion kit if they don't have Office 2007!? What a
nuisance. Presently if I open an attachment I receive it opens in Office
2007. Later if I don't subscribe to Office 2007 will I need a conversion kit
to view things I have written in Office 2007?
I don't know if I need Office 2007 as Vista comes with Notepad and Wordpad.

"Natasha" wrote:

> how do i create a form, attach it to an e-mail for completion by the
> recipient, it will need to have check boxes, areas for text insertion etc...
> to return to me? I have been working on this all day - and i am clueless! I
> have windows vista and office 2007 by the way.

Tim

Re: Create a form that can be e-mailed
I use Adobe's LiveCycle Designer to create forms. Although expensive, I find
it easier and more flexible than Word.

Tim

"Natasha" <Natasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do i create a form, attach it to an e-mail for completion by the
> recipient, it will need to have check boxes, areas for text insertion
> etc...
> to return to me? I have been working on this all day - and i am clueless!
> have windows vista and office 2007 by the way.

Tim

Re: Create a form that can be e-mailed
You don't *have* to send them the conversion utility...but in order for them
to open your Office 2007 document, they will have to get and install the
utility from somewhere (it's available from MS' web site). But if you
already know you will be sending documents to people without Office 2007, it
would be easier for everyone involved to simply save your document in "Word
97-2003" format. Then you don't have to worry about the conversion utility
and you also won't have to worry about your own documents should you decide
not to purchase Office 2007 after the trial period.

Your other comment "Presently if I open an attachment I receive it opens in
Office 2007"...that is how it's supposed to work.

And lastly "I don't know if I need Office 2007 as Vista comes with Notepad
and Wordpad"...you have to decide that for yourself. If Notepad and Wordpad
works for you, then great...you don't need Office 2007. If that is your line
of thinking, you might want to consider one of the free Office-compatible
applications such as OpenOffice. Go to www.openoffice.org and check it out.

Tim