Extend Activation time on Vista

Fetterbr

Extend Activation time on Vista
Hi.
I have installed Windows Vista Ultima (clean) on my pc and activated for a
few weeks ago. Now i installed it on my sons pc as i had read i could extend
the activation period up to 120 days. Also here i made a clean instal and
used the same key i had from my Ultima. I used the "slmgr -rearm" command as
administrator. After i rebooted it still said 28 days left. Can someone tell
me what i am doing wrong??? Or dosent it work because i added the Key when
made the instalation.
Secondly if i desiede to buy a second licence key, where can i do that or do
i have to buy a new software pack again. Idont have any winxp version what is
valid so i cant do a upgrade.
Thanks.
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
If you can not do an upgrade, you will need a full version of Windows
Vista.
A local store selling software is probably your best place to
purchase.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Fetterbr" <Fetterbr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I have installed Windows Vista Ultima (clean) on my pc and activated
> for a
> few weeks ago. Now i installed it on my sons pc as i had read i
> could extend
> the activation period up to 120 days. Also here i made a clean
> instal and
> used the same key i had from my Ultima. I used the "slmgr -rearm"
> command as
> administrator. After i rebooted it still said 28 days left. Can
> someone tell
> me what i am doing wrong??? Or dosent it work because i added the
> Key when
> made the instalation.
> Secondly if i desiede to buy a second licence key, where can i do
> that or do
> i have to buy a new software pack again. Idont have any winxp
> version what is
> valid so i cant do a upgrade.
> Thanks.

Fetterbr

Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
Thanks for your quick reply. However it dosent tell me how i can extend the
activation periode up to 120 days.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> If you can not do an upgrade, you will need a full version of Windows
> Vista.
> A local store selling software is probably your best place to
> purchase.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Fetterbr" <Fetterbr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> > I have installed Windows Vista Ultima (clean) on my pc and activated
> > for a
> > few weeks ago. Now i installed it on my sons pc as i had read i
> > could extend
> > the activation period up to 120 days. Also here i made a clean
> > instal and
> > used the same key i had from my Ultima. I used the "slmgr -rearm"
> > command as
> > administrator. After i rebooted it still said 28 days left. Can
> > someone tell
> > me what i am doing wrong??? Or dosent it work because i added the
> > Key when
> > made the instalation.
> > Secondly if i desiede to buy a second licence key, where can i do
> > that or do
> > i have to buy a new software pack again. Idont have any winxp
> > version what is
> > valid so i cant do a upgrade.
> > Thanks.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
Hello,
Rearm simply resets the grace timer back to 30 days, it doens't add 30 days
to existing grace period
So every 30 days you could run it and reset the grace priod back to 30 days.
The grace period can be reset 3 times. So if you reset it at the end of
the 30 days, each time, you would have four thirty day periods.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: =?Utf-8?B?RmV0dGVyYnI=?= <Fetterbr@discussions.microsoft.com>
|>Subject: Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
|>Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 01:25:01 -0700
|>Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords

|>Thanks for your quick reply. However it dosent tell me how i can extend
the
|>activation periode up to 120 days.
|>

|>"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
|>
|>> If you can not do an upgrade, you will need a full version of Windows
|>> Vista.
|>> A local store selling software is probably your best place to
|>> purchase.
|>>
|>> --
|>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
|>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
|>> http://www.dts-l.org

Fetterbr

Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
Thanks Darrel. I thought i could just do it at ones. On my pc it sayd
28days left but it did not change to 30, is that because it will only work in
the end of the periode?
Br Finn

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello,
> Rearm simply resets the grace timer back to 30 days, it doens't add 30 days
> to existing grace period
> So every 30 days you could run it and reset the grace priod back to 30 days.
> The grace period can be reset 3 times. So if you reset it at the end of
> the 30 days, each time, you would have four thirty day periods.
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> |>From: =?Utf-8?B?RmV0dGVyYnI=?= <Fetterbr@discussions.microsoft.com>
> |>Subject: Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
> |>Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 01:25:01 -0700
> |>Newsgroups:
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
> |>
> |>Thanks for your quick reply. However it dosent tell me how i can extend
> the
> |>activation periode up to 120 days.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
Hello,
Did you reboot?
It shouldn't change until after the reboot, but after the reboot it should
be set to 30 again

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: =?Utf-8?B?RmV0dGVyYnI=?= <Fetterbr@discussions.microsoft.com>
|>Subject: Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
|>Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:32:00 -0700
|>Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords

|>Thanks Darrel. I thought i could just do it at ones. On my pc it sayd
|>28days left but it did not change to 30, is that because it will only
work in
|>the end of the periode?
|>Br Finn
|>
|>""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
|>
|>> Hello,
|>> Rearm simply resets the grace timer back to 30 days, it doens't add 30
days
|>> to existing grace period
|>> So every 30 days you could run it and reset the grace priod back to 30
days.
|>> The grace period can be reset 3 times. So if you reset it at the end
of
|>> the 30 days, each time, you would have four thirty day periods.
|>> Thanks,
|>> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
|>>
|>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights
|>> --------------------
|>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords

|>> the

Windows

Fetterbr

Re: Extend Activation time on Vista
Hi.
Yes i did the reboot. Maybe i cant use the same Key on a second machine for
testing periode but must install without entering the key? I had an instance
yesterday because i had added more memory for 3 weeks ago on my own pc and
only saw yesterday that i now had 3 days to activate but my key was already
in use. I phoned the Philipphine office as i live in China and i took 2
minuttes and i was up and running again. Very fast and very good service,
thanks for that.
Br Finn