Vista Licence Key

Flo

Vista Licence Key
Hello everybody, i have a problem.

My College supports the MSDNAA Program. First i downloaded the 32 bit
version of Vista Business and got the key.
Now i got a new Computer which supports 64 bit. I downloaded the 64 bit
version but i havent got a key.
How can i use the Key from the 32 bit version for the 64 bit? While
activating the 64 bit Vista it says that the key is already in use.

Would be gratefull if anybody could help me.

ps: sry for bad english, im German^^
Jimmy Brush

Re: Vista Licence Key
Hello,

One license key is good for either the 32-bit OR 64-bit edition of
Windows, not both.

You cannot use one license key and have both editions installed.

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell

On Mon, 14 May 2007 05:47:04 -0700, Flo
<Flo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello everybody, i have a problem.
>
>My College supports the MSDNAA Program. First i downloaded the 32 bit
>version of Vista Business and got the key.
>Now i got a new Computer which supports 64 bit. I downloaded the 64 bit
>version but i havent got a key.
>How can i use the Key from the 32 bit version for the 64 bit? While
>activating the 64 bit Vista it says that the key is already in use.
>
>Would be gratefull if anybody could help me.
>
>ps: sry for bad english, im German^^

Flo

Re: Vista Licence Key
Actually i havent installed both versions. I formatted my hdd and installed
the 64 bit version
Jimmy Brush

Re: Vista Licence Key
On Mon, 14 May 2007 06:08:04 -0700, Flo
<Flo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Actually i havent installed both versions. I formatted my hdd and installed
>the 64 bit version

If your key is being rejected by the activation server the only way
you can get it to work is by calling Microsoft Product Support and
explaining to them your situation or by acquiring a new key from
MSDNAA.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell
Flo

Re: Vista Licence Key
hmmm..i think its the only way to fix it. From MSDNAA i can only get one key.

thx for the help
mikeyhsd

Re: Vista Licence Key
just call the phone activation service and explain.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Flo" <Flo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3107EB7E-BC70-4F1D-B710-12F6AD8F4029@microsoft.com...
Hello everybody, i have a problem.

My College supports the MSDNAA Program. First i downloaded the 32 bit
version of Vista Business and got the key.
Now i got a new Computer which supports 64 bit. I downloaded the 64 bit
version but i havent got a key.
How can i use the Key from the 32 bit version for the 64 bit? While
activating the 64 bit Vista it says that the key is already in use.

Would be gratefull if anybody could help me.

ps: sry for bad english, im German^^
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Vista Licence Key
Select the option to call for activation.
Call Microsoft at the displayed number for your region.
Usually done in about 5 - 10 minutes.

If you still have issues, contact MSDNAA.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

> hmmm..i think its the only way to fix it. From MSDNAA i can only get
> one key.
>
> thx for the help

nickm

Re: Vista Licence Key
The college I worked at a few years ago subscribed to MSDNAA in the UK as a
Microsoft Academy. Vista obviously wasn't around at the time, but under the
agreement students studying on qualifying computing courses were permitted
to request a license for a full product such as Windows XP Professional or
Windows XP Home. This was done through the college's nominated MSDNAA
administrator (me in this case), and through Microsoft's electronic system
(ELMS)the student was given a license key in their own right which they were
permitted to use for study purposes on a personal machine at home. If their
request was for Windows XP Pro, the key they were given was for Windows XP
Pro, and this wouldn't work with Windows XP Home or vice-versa.

As far as I can tell, you are in a similar position with Vista 32 bit and
Vista 64 bit. The two packages are not the same and you almost certainly
need a new key for the 64 bit version . You almost certainly need to go
back to the person responsible for administering the MSDNAA Programme at
your college and make a request to be allowed to download and install Vista
64 bit on your PC

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Vista Licence Key
"Flo" <Flo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everybody, i have a problem.
>
> My College supports the MSDNAA Program. First i downloaded the 32 bit
> version of Vista Business and got the key.
> Now i got a new Computer which supports 64 bit. I downloaded the 64 bit
> version but i havent got a key.
> How can i use the Key from the 32 bit version for the 64 bit? While
> activating the 64 bit Vista it says that the key is already in use.
>
> Would be gratefull if anybody could help me.
>
> ps: sry for bad english, im German^^

Flo

The key is showing as being "in use" simply because you activated the 32bit
version with that same key. When you try to activate the 64bit version and
you get the in use message, there should be an option to telephone for
activation. Use this option and a toll free phone number will be displayed.
Call that number and explain what you are doing and they will give you a new
activation code.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP