keyboard lock out

Michelle

keyboard lock out
My key board wont let me write any txt , which has stop me being able to
login to my main account . I can get in to guest account but i have
everything on the main one. how can i get my keyboard working so i can get in
to the main account.
Jimmy Brush

Re: keyboard lock out
Hello,

- Once you log in to the guest account, can you use your keyboard?

- Did your keyboard work before?

-- If yes, what change was made to the computer when your keyboard
stopped working (new program, update, etc)

- Have you checked to make sure your keyboard is plugged in and that
the cord is in good condition?

- Does the keyboard lights light up briefly when you turn on your
computer?

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell

On Mon, 14 May 2007 04:40:00 -0700, Michelle
<Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My key board wont let me write any txt , which has stop me being able to
>login to my main account . I can get in to guest account but i have
>everything on the main one. how can i get my keyboard working so i can get in
>to the main account.

Michelle

Re: keyboard lock out
yes i can use the keyboard in the guest account

keyboard accounted up earlier wouldnt let me type anything in the main
account i managed to get it working and logged off came back tried loggin on
and it would type

it is plugged in and in good condiction

the lights do come on but as soon as it goes on to the windows load up they
go out and dont come on till i click on the guest account

also the guest account isnt passworded just the main account is

"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> - Once you log in to the guest account, can you use your keyboard?
>
> - Did your keyboard work before?
> |
> -- If yes, what change was made to the computer when your keyboard
> stopped working (new program, update, etc)
>
> - Have you checked to make sure your keyboard is plugged in and that
> the cord is in good condition?
>
> - Does the keyboard lights light up briefly when you turn on your
> computer?
>
> --
> - JB
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell
>
> On Mon, 14 May 2007 04:40:00 -0700, Michelle
> <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >My key board wont let me write any txt , which has stop me being able to
> >login to my main account . I can get in to guest account but i have
> >everything on the main one. how can i get my keyboard working so i can get in
> >to the main account.

CB

Re: keyboard lock out

Hello Michelle,

Yesterday my IE crashed for no apparent reason and wiped out my ability to
type on my keyboard. However, my keyboard failed to type in both of my user
accounts. As a result I could not do anything. I could not access System
Restore. My keyboard would not work in Safe Mode either. However, I did not
lose the function of my Fkeys, arrow keys or the enter key. After speaking
with Microsoft for two hours nothing was solved

Since Microsoft (four or five different departments) could not solve the
problem I decided to do a System Restore using the Vista installation DVD. If
your computer will not boot from DVD by placing the DVD in the drive and
restarting you must put the installation DVD into your drive, restart and
then use the F12 key to enter the boot screen. Select "Boot from DVD" or
"CDRom Bootable Drive". When you get to the Install screen you must click on
"Repair" and then choose System Restore. This may take care of the problem
and it may not. Your problem could be different than my problem.

I tried the F8 key so I could boot to the "Last known good configuration"
before I decided to use the installation DVD for repair but that did me no
good at all. At that time I went to the F12 key so I could repair the OS. It
turns out I had a corrupted file, although I do not know which file it was. I
am not that knowledgeable in these matters.

I hope this helps you. If not, please continue to post your problem until a
knowledgeable person can reply to you. I am sure there is someone who can
help you.

Have a nice day.

C.B.