Forgotten PW - Safe Mode Wont Load To Command Prompt

Sarah C

Forgotten PW - Safe Mode Wont Load To Command Prompt
Trying to assist student who forgot her Vista password. Administrator
account apparently not enabled as going into safe mode only brings up her
account.

She only cares about 2 files, her resume and her thesis so I did some
research and tried going to safe mode command prompt so that I could type in
Net user administrator /active:yes ...... however ..... command prompt never
comes.... instead I end up at her user name waiting for PW.

Finally, tried something called OphCrack which says administrator account is
empty and gave us a pw for her account but it does not work. Checked caps
lock etc.

Is there a bootable cd I can download somewhere that will get me on the
machine to get these two files for her ... or ... is she out of luck and will
I need to tell her to send drive to a data recovery company ?

Thanks for your help.
Sarah
Brink

Re: Forgotten PW - Safe Mode Wont Load To Command Prompt

Hello Sarah,

You can use METHOD THREE in the tutorial below to reset the password at
boot.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2009*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) - '*Windows
Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Brett Brown

Re: Forgotten PW - Safe Mode Wont Load To Command Prompt
Ok, I don't know what the "METHOD THREE" is, but for a reboot cd you just
need to contact the computer company (Dell, HP, Acer, etc.) and order a
reboot disk.