Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution

Marshall Kiam-Laine

Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution
Problem : ie7 refuses to open
after Installing update KB 931768

Solution : find C:\program files\ iexplore.exe
right click and "Run as administrator"
After ie7 has opened :
Tools\options\Advanced - Disable Pfishing.

should be ok now - but of course be extra Alert for
any Fishing emails.

Feliks Dzerzhinsky

Re: Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution
tony

RE: Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution
Problem solved!

I've solved this problem by restoring the temporary internet files folder
the default folder. I changed the TIF folder for some reasons, but now I
have to chage it back to solve this problem. The default folder in Vista
should be like:
C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_NAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Windows\Temporary Internet
Files

In my case, I don't need to chage the phishing filter any more. Everything
is working just fine!

"Marshall Kiam-Laine" wrote:

> Problem : ie7 refuses to open
> after Installing update KB 931768
>
> Solution : find C:\program files\ iexplore.exe
> right click and "Run as administrator"
> After ie7 has opened :
> Tools\options\Advanced - Disable Pfishing.
>
> should be ok now - but of course be extra Alert for
> any Fishing emails.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution
> How about this for a solution. Use Firefox.

Wouldn't that just be another workaround?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Feliks Dzerzhinsky" <fdzerzhinsky@kgb.su> wrote in message

Feliks Dzerzhinsky

Re: Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution
Sharon F

On Fri, 11 May 2007 06:28:01 -0700, tony wrote:

> Problem solved!
>
> I've solved this problem by restoring the temporary internet files folder
> the default folder. I changed the TIF folder for some reasons, but now I
> have to chage it back to solve this problem. The default folder in Vista
> should be like:
> C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_NAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Windows\Temporary Internet
> Files
>
> In my case, I don't need to chage the phishing filter any more. Everything
> is working just fine!

I wonder if you would be able to move it again now if this would stay
working? Sometimes reverting to default settings to "re-unites" the
troubled piece of the puzzle and then it once again behaves as expected.

On the other hand, staying at the default setting is good prevention
against a future update assuming a defined path for a user configurable
item.

It would be interesting to know if you don't mind shifting these around a
bit. If you would rather not, that's understandable too...

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
tony

Re: Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution
I've tried it and, with no luck, it happened again. If you change the default
TIF folder, the problem will come back again.

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 May 2007 06:28:01 -0700, tony wrote:
>
> > Problem solved!
> >
> > I've solved this problem by restoring the temporary internet files folder
> > the default folder. I changed the TIF folder for some reasons, but now I
> > have to chage it back to solve this problem. The default folder in Vista
> > should be like:
> > C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_NAME%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\ Windows\Temporary Internet
> > Files
> >
> > In my case, I don't need to chage the phishing filter any more. Everything
> > is working just fine!

> I wonder if you would be able to move it again now if this would stay
> working? Sometimes reverting to default settings to "re-unites" the
> troubled piece of the puzzle and then it once again behaves as expected.
>
> On the other hand, staying at the default setting is good prevention
> against a future update assuming a defined path for a user configurable
> item.
>
> It would be interesting to know if you don't mind shifting these around a
> bit. If you would rather not, that's understandable too...
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon F

On Fri, 11 May 2007 16:38:01 -0700, tony wrote:

> I've tried it and, with no luck, it happened again. If you change the default
> TIF folder, the problem will come back again.

Thanks, Tony. Appreciate your taking the time to find out if this would
work or not.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
WaterMoccasin

Re: Navcancl / ieframe.dll - Solution
Well, that's ridiculous.
People with roaming profiles hate TIF in the profile dir.
They should be able to change this option.

I had the same problem. Seems TIF change is bad.

Hmmm..Firefox, eh? It's also got that nice HTML snippet viewer feature...!
If only MS would analyze their competitors before planning development!
(Frontpage/Expression vs. Dreamweaver, VS.NET vs Eclipse, IE vs.
Firefox...oh well, maybe someday...)

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 May 2007 16:38:01 -0700, tony wrote:
>
> > I've tried it and, with no luck, it happened again. If you change the default
> > TIF folder, the problem will come back again.

> Thanks, Tony. Appreciate your taking the time to find out if this would
> work or not.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon F

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:00:00 -0700, WaterMoccasin wrote:

> Well, that's ridiculous.
> People with roaming profiles hate TIF in the profile dir.
> They should be able to change this option.

I agree with you. The option to change location is available within the UI.
It shouldn't be a surprise that some folks move it. IMO, an update should
not break this. It should check the current value of this variable instead
of assuming the cache is still at the default location.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User