W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out

Gil Graf

W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out
Hi,

just installed W7 Ultimate and made a mistake, I guess. During setup
procedure I created the account "Jose" and customized the OS with this
account, as I'm doing this for 20 years now. After finishing I removed
administrative rights from this account and went ahead to customize the
administrators desktop. But when I type in "Administrator" on logon screen,
Windows says "Administrator is deactivated". And now there is no
administrator account left to me! What to do? Complete new setup? Please let
me know if there is a workaround, it took hours to customize this computer
and I can't believe that W7 allows you to lock out yourself that easily...

Thanks and regards,
Gil
Gil Graf

RE: W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out
Start Windows in "secure mode" (in German: "abgesicherter Modus"), then
yor're offered the built in administrator account for loggin on. Forgot
that... ;-)

"Gil Graf" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just installed W7 Ultimate and made a mistake, I guess. During setup
> procedure I created the account "Jose" and customized the OS with this
> account, as I'm doing this for 20 years now. After finishing I removed
> administrative rights from this account and went ahead to customize the
> administrators desktop. But when I type in "Administrator" on logon screen,
> Windows says "Administrator is deactivated". And now there is no
> administrator account left to me! What to do? Complete new setup? Please let
> me know if there is a workaround, it took hours to customize this computer
> and I can't believe that W7 allows you to lock out yourself that easily...
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Gil

Oceana

RE: W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out
Hello Gil,

Try this:

In the elevated command prompt (runas admin), type
net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter

Regards,