UAC Off, Still Getting Permission Denied

EagleFalconn

UAC Off, Still Getting Permission Denied

All,

I have just completed a completely fresh Vista Home Premium Install and
have installed SP1 and SP2. Have also installed all other Windows
updates. I have turned UAC off (screenshot1.jpg). I have verified this
in the registry (screenshot2.jpg). The user into which I am currently
logged in is an administrator (screenshot3.jpg). However, I am still
denied permission to do certain things. The one I first noticed was when
attempting to turn off indexing of the C: drive. I uncheck "Index this
drive for faster searching." click apply, choose to apply this to
subfolders and am prompted (screenshot4.jpg). I select "Continue." and I
am still denied access! Pressing "Try Again" does nothing, Ignoring
brings up a list of other files for which I am also being denied access,
and the only way to get out of the dialogue is to cancel out.

Whats going on? (and thanks for reading)

|Filename: screenshot1.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10571|

EagleFalconn
EagleFalconn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171494.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1290475.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Richard G. Harper

Re: UAC Off, Still Getting Permission Denied
What happens if you turn UAC back on again?

"EagleFalconn" <EagleFalconn.44efnb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> All,
>
> I have just completed a completely fresh Vista Home Premium Install and
> have installed SP1 and SP2. Have also installed all other Windows
> updates. I have turned UAC off (screenshot1.jpg). I have verified this
> in the registry (screenshot2.jpg). The user into which I am currently
> logged in is an administrator (screenshot3.jpg). However, I am still
> denied permission to do certain things. The one I first noticed was when
> attempting to turn off indexing of the C: drive. I uncheck "Index this
> drive for faster searching." click apply, choose to apply this to
> subfolders and am prompted (screenshot4.jpg). I select "Continue." and I
> am still denied access! Pressing "Try Again" does nothing, Ignoring
> brings up a list of other files for which I am also being denied access,
> and the only way to get out of the dialogue is to cancel out.
>
> Whats going on? (and thanks for reading)

> |Filename: screenshot1.jpg |
> |Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10571|

> EagleFalconn
> EagleFalconn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171494.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1290475.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

EagleFalconn

Re: UAC Off, Still Getting Permission Denied

I get the same goofy message telling me I need permission
(screenshot6.jpg) then the standard UAC window confirmation for managing
file attributes, which I couldn't get a screenshot of. And then I got
the same error as before (screenshot7.jpg).

|Filename: screenshot7.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10577|

EagleFalconn
EagleFalconn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171494.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1290475.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

EagleFalconn

Re: UAC Off, Still Getting Permission Denied

Heres another un-fun side effect, I can't install Microsoft Office.

|Filename: screenshot8.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=10578|