Turn Off User Account Control ???

BobC

Turn Off User Account Control ???
How do I fix this that it does not ask me every time if I really want to open
any of the several programs installed on the computer.
Dustin Harper

Re: Turn Off User Account Control ???
You can turn it off by going to the Start, type MSCONFIG and press enter.
Click on the Tools tab, and scroll down to Disable UAC. Click that then on
the Launch button. It will say it was completed. Now, your UAC is off.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"BobC" <BobC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I fix this that it does not ask me every time if I really want to
> open
> any of the several programs installed on the computer.

BobC

Re: Turn Off User Account Control ???
Dustin,
Thanks. Worked like a charm. Only problem now is Vista insists on needling
me about doing it. It's a nag I don't need. Any thoughts on that?
BobC

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> You can turn it off by going to the Start, type MSCONFIG and press enter.
> Click on the Tools tab, and scroll down to Disable UAC. Click that then on
> the Launch button. It will say it was completed. Now, your UAC is off.
>

> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "BobC" <BobC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I fix this that it does not ask me every time if I really want to
> > open
> > any of the several programs installed on the computer.

Dustin Harper

Re: Turn Off User Account Control ???
Start > Control Panel > Security Center > in the left pane, click Change the
way Security Center alerts me. You can have it display the icon, or turn off
the alerts all together.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
> Dustin,
> Thanks. Worked like a charm. Only problem now is Vista insists on
> needling
> me about doing it. It's a nag I don't need. Any thoughts on that?
> BobC
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> You can turn it off by going to the Start, type MSCONFIG and press enter.
>> Click on the Tools tab, and scroll down to Disable UAC. Click that then
>> on
>> the Launch button. It will say it was completed. Now, your UAC is off.
>>

>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>
>> --
>> "BobC" <BobC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I fix this that it does not ask me every time if I really want
>> > open
>> > any of the several programs installed on the computer.

BobC

Re: Turn Off User Account Control ???
Spot on, Dustine. Thanks very much!! ~~~~~Bob