Windows Explorer

Lancelot

Windows Explorer
The organization of Vista on my notebook is taking much longer than expected,
what with taking ownership of my own computer and all that stuff, just so
that I can clean up and install some additional software. Could someone
please help me with the following simple problem before I go round the twist:

Why doesn't the overall view of Windows Explorer show neither the default
nor the last status when I open it, neither in the same session nor after a
restart?
The following points may help:

- W/E always opens in a small window, although I always close it in a large
one.
- W/E always opens with the active position on sub-folder
C:\Windows\System32, showing all the sub-sub-folders, which I may have
visited some days ago, even though I am now closing W/E in an entirely
different position.
- Under Folder Options I have tried "Restore previous folder windows at
logon" checked and unchecked, but it doesn't make any difference.
- I have applied the same file details to all folders and this function
works perfectly.

What should I do to make W/E open in a large window with the default layout,
or better still as I left it?

Thanks in advance for telling me what I have overlooked.
Lancelot

RE: Windows Explorer
No reply required, have found the answer in another posting - change the
properties of Windows Explorer.

Just a comment: it's nice to have all these options in how Windows Explorer
is launched, file ownership, security, etc., but MS should spend more time
studying the defaults so that the PC remains a labor saving device -
otherwise it will get competition from simpler products.