Use Standard account, even if you're the only user?

Toon

Use Standard account, even if you're the only user?
If you're the only user, do you create a standard account to use for saving
files and such, and use Administrator account only for changing settings and
Administrator account, I added a password, but when I tried to load drivers,
I kept getting a message that I didn't have permission. HP Support had me
delete password, load driver in safe mode. Had huge problems thereafter.
Don't think you should load a program that's not for Vista in Safe Mode, even
if Support tells you to. Finally had to reset computer to factory settings.
Solved some problems, but I still had weirdness when installing drivers
untill I created a Standard User account and gave Administrator account a
password. So far so good. Seems silly to have to use two accounts when I'm
the only one. I've been two months getting starting with my new computer, but
I think I'm on my way.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Use Standard account, even if you're the only user?
Toon

Use the Standard account. Make sure you leave User Account Control on. If
you perform something that requires administrator privileges, you will be
prompted to enter the admin password to continue. This also allows you to
right click a file or program and select the Run As Administrator option.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP