Re: Lost Administrator Password

Michael Armstro

Re: Lost Administrator Password

If you forget the administrator’s password but still can log on
Windows with other user names that have administrative privileges, you
may follow the instructions below:
Right click the computer icon on your desktop, select Manage, find
Local Users and Groups, unfold Users folder, right click Administrator,
click Set password… in the menu comes up. Click Proceed in the
dialog, in the pop-up, enter a New Password and confirm it. Your
administrator’s password is successfully reset.
Guest account may help to log onto Windows, but it has no privilege for
you to do the above to reset the administrator’s password.
If you forgot all user passwords and failed to log onto Windows, there
is no other way but to format the OS and reinstall Windows, or resort to
sort of software tools to remove the password and log onto Windows.
These programs cost some bucks, but are worthy and better than to
reinstall the OS causing consequences. The most popular programs are
Windows Password Reset 6.0 etc. Generally, these programs are easy to
use though turn out to be a scary command prompt to newbie. But do relax
and you can fully manipulate. Let’s take Windows Password Reset
6.0 for example. You prepare a blank CD, burn the program onto the CD,
boot the locked computer from the CD, come to initiate the program,
locate the user name, and proceed to remove its password – all are
at ease.

--
Michael Armstro
t-4-2