Vista Domain Logon

=?Utf-8?B?SG9sZG91dDIwMDA=?=

Vista Domain Logon
Why does it take so long to logon with domain account into Vista? This is
Vista Enterprise retail, not beta's. On Vista it is taking 5 minutes plus to
logon. Our XP Workstations take about 15 seconds to logon using the same
accounts. We do not use roaming profiles. We do redirect My Documents to
the users home share. We also do some drive mapping with logon scripts. I
have tried already tried this Uncheck the IPv6 for your adapter and set WINS
to Enable Netbios over TCP/IP. I also changed the value of "Network
Security: LAN Manager authentication level" from "NTVLM2 responses only" to
"LM and NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated". These changes
have not had any effect.

Any Ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?U3R1YXJ0IFtNVlBd?=

RE: Vista Domain Logon
I've noticed an increase in logon delay when the Vista system is first
booted. It seems as if Vista delays some of its startup activity to after the
initial welcome screen appearance.

I've not seen the amount of delay you're seeing though.

Stuart.

"Holdout2000" wrote:

> Why does it take so long to logon with domain account into Vista? This is
> Vista Enterprise retail, not beta's. On Vista it is taking 5 minutes plus to
> logon. Our XP Workstations take about 15 seconds to logon using the same
> accounts. We do not use roaming profiles. We do redirect My Documents to
> the users home share. We also do some drive mapping with logon scripts. I
> have tried already tried this Uncheck the IPv6 for your adapter and set WINS
> to Enable Netbios over TCP/IP. I also changed the value of "Network
> Security: LAN Manager authentication level" from "NTVLM2 responses only" to
> "LM and NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated". These changes
> have not had any effect.
>
> Any Ideas?

Josh Phillips

Re: Vista Domain Logon
I assume the problem isn't seen when loggin on with a local account? If it
is then it is likely something related to the domain like GPO processing.
If it is only when domain account logon then it likely your redirect of my
documents or logon script. You can easily isolate these by creating two
test accounts one with one setting one with the other. Should be fairly easy
to test to narrow down.

Are you adding the my docs to your client side cache?

josh