Accidently made myself limited user

Victorawrr

Accidently made myself limited user

OHH NO!
I had admin privilegies on my work pc (by an accident), and then I did
(by accident):

"Run *cmd.exe* with administrative previlliges and type

*secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb
/verbose

+restart"*

And now I am a limited user again, please help me undo this.
I did not have the intention to do this, I thought this would remove
the "blocked by group policy" rule thing.

Please help!

--
Victorawrr
theog

Re: Accidently made myself limited user

Hi Victorawrr

Take your works PC to your SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR.

--
theog
Bruce Chambers

Victorawrr wrote:
> OHH NO!
> I had admin privilegies on my work pc (by an accident), and then I did
> (by accident):
>
> "Run *cmd.exe* with administrative previlliges and type
>
> *secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb
> /verbose
>
> +restart"*
>
> And now I am a limited user again, please help me undo this.
> I did not have the intention to do this, I thought this would remove
> the "blocked by group policy" rule thing.
>
> Please help!

You'll need administrative privileges to undo it. Contact your IT
department for assistance. If they're stupid enough to have
"accidentally" allowed you administrative privileges once, maybe they'll
be stupid enough to intentionally allow it.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Flavius

Victorawrr;1154644 Wrote:
> OHH NO!
> I had admin privilegies on my work pc (by an accident), and then I did
> (by accident):
>
> "Run *cmd.exe* with administrative previlliges and type
>
> *secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb
> /verbose
>
> +restart"*
>
> And now I am a limited user again, please help me undo this.
> I did not have the intention to do this, I thought this would remove
> the "blocked by group policy" rule thing.
>
> Please help!

You are saying any tommyrot here!This command surly can't degrade or
corrupt your account 'How do I restore security settings to the default
settings?' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222)
If you have trouble with your account this means your account was
before already corrupted.Create another admin account and on new one
check results.If impossible to create new admin account you have to log
into build-in admin account and from there create new user admin account

Read this link how to log into build-in admin account 'What do I do: I
can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator account'
(http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx)

--
Flavius