Can't write to registry

vmwebsites

Can't write to registry

I'm trying to install a new version of a program I'm using, but it fails
every time I try.
[image:
http://content.screencast.com/users/...9-25_0020.png]

Normally I'm running as an administrator and when I want to install the
new program I right-click and select "run as administrator" This doesn't
work and is giving the above error.
I've created a superadmin account by running cmd as admin, and using:
net user administrator /active:yes

The superadmin account is active and seems to be working okay (I think)
but if I try to install the program from this account I still get the
same error. I thought that the superadmin had access rights for
everything? (except some critical windows stuff)

In the file properties (program exe file) I already checked the
security settings and added everything in the list with full rights.

I have uninstalled the previous installation of the program, reboot and
via regedit deleted all keys that where related to the program.
Also all folders are deleted.
Still when trying to install the new version I do get this
error

Vista Ultimate x64
sp 2 installed, but installing the program has been tried with just
sp1. Made no difference.

Is there anyone who knows a solution for this?
Something I'm missing??

--
vmwebsites
Flavius

Re: Can't write to registry

If it is very old program it would be uncompatible with UAC,on the
contrary to many new programs which require to install UAC turned on.

Solution -rather workaround problem :shock:

Right click on instalator>>Properties>>check :run as admin - this is
bit stronger than right click as admin

--
Flavius
vmwebsites

Re: Can't write to registry

Hi Flavius,
Thanks for your response. This thing is driving me nuts!
In the properties of the file I can't select "run as admin" because
this field is greyed out. Even when trying in superadmin.
The program isn't that old and I"m trying to install the newest version
(just some weeks old)

Any other suggestions? Do you know how I can get the "greyed out"
fields available again?

--
vmwebsites
Flavius

Re: Can't write to registry

Very strange :sarc:.Give Users group full control to key
*HKLM\Softwore\ProfitStudios*
if you don't have this key create it manually before and will see...

--
Flavius
vmwebsites

Re: Can't write to registry

Thanks again Flavius. Unfortunately it didn't work, just creating the
key and assigning full rights to it.
I went to every registry key there is and deleted all keys related to
this program. That did the trick. There seemed to be some key in the
"Microsoft" - "Windows" section that blocked me from installing the new
program.
Problem solved, many thanks for your time
Victor

--
vmwebsites