Help me with Users

j03uen

Help me with Users

Hi guys, Hope you can help.
My uncle has a son who uses the computer.. He messes up the system
files a lot so my uncle put him as a limited user.. When he did this,
his son couldn't instal anything and kept calling my uncle to install
it..
So I want to know how to make an account be able to say do the major
things people need to do like install, defrag, remove viruses and what
not.. But not say like delete files in Windows and mess with the system
to make it not boot etc.
I`ve tried going to start run control userpasswords2 but like I don't
know which Level I should use.
ty

--
j03uen
whs

Re: Help me with Users

Well, that's like "You can't have your cake and eat it too". If you have
an admin account, you can do all the things you described. If you are on
a user account, you cannot. That is the whole idea of making the
distinction so that not everybody can mess with the system. I would say,
give this son enough rope to hang himself. Just make sure he has burnt
the recovery DVDs so that he can reinstall. After the 3d or 4th
reinstallation he will have learned not to mess with the system.

--
whs
Richard G. Harper

Re: Help me with Users
Windows does not support rights as granular as this. Either you have
administrative powers (to remove viruses, defrag and what not) or you don't.
I don't know of any way to add that ability to Windows.

"j03uen" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi guys, Hope you can help.
> My uncle has a son who uses the computer.. He messes up the system
> files a lot so my uncle put him as a limited user.. When he did this,
> his son couldn't instal anything and kept calling my uncle to install
> it..
> So I want to know how to make an account be able to say do the major
> things people need to do like install, defrag, remove viruses and what
> not.. But not say like delete files in Windows and mess with the system
> to make it not boot etc.
> I`ve tried going to start run control userpasswords2 but like I don't
> know which Level I should use.
> ty
>

> --
> j03uen

theog

Re: Help me with Users

Hi whs

You have made my day.

Did you read the post on win7 forum, fake administrators.

--
theog
whs

Re: Help me with Users

theog;1141879 Wrote:
> Hi whs
>
> You have made my day.
>
> Did you read the post on win7 forum, fake administrators.

No, I did not read this post. I will have a look whether I can find it.

--
whs
theog

Re: Help me with Users

Hi whs

Have a look:

'A want to be real administrator - Windows 7 Forums'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...nistrator.html)

--
theog
whs