Duplicate account showing

PineSlayer

Duplicate account showing
I have Vista business.

On my logon screen where I can choose the user, I have two of the same
account (same name, same desktop after logging in, same password,
everything). This started after I changed my password in account
management.

In Computer Management | Local Users and Groups | Users this account is only
shown once. How do I stop the logon screen from displaying 2 when there is
only one?

Dee

Flavius

Re: Duplicate account showing

PineSlayer;1127794 Wrote:
> I have Vista business.
>
> On my logon screen where I can choose the user, I have two of the same
> account (same name, same desktop after logging in, same password,
> everything). This started after I changed my password in account
> management.
>
> In Computer Management | Local Users and Groups | Users this account is
> only
> shown once. How do I stop the logon screen from displaying 2 when
> there is
> only one?
>
> Dee

Not exactly match neverless maybe this is the one option with
automatically logon in Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...matically.html

from this link:

> Be sure to enter the correct password for the selected user account to
> have Vista automatically log on to at startup. If this user account does
> not have a password, then leave it blank. If you change the user account
> password, be sure to change it here as well. If you enter or have a
> incorrect password for this user account you will get a *Incorrect
> Password* error at the next startup. When you click OK to this at the
> logon screen, you will then see a duplicate logon icon for this user
> account. You can fix this problem by loging on to another account, or
> boot into '*_Safe_mode_*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/123496-safe-mode.html), and change
> the password to the correct one in step 7 below and restart again.

If it is another problem Start>>Search>>lusrmgr.msc

and check for all accounts Name and Full Name (attached image)

|Filename: lusrmgr.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15450|

Flavius
Indrajeet Pal

Re: Duplicate account showing

Disable the password for your user account and then turn on the pc
without and check whether it boots up normally.

--
Indrajeet Pal
Indrajeet Pal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/120162.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

PineSlayer

Re: Duplicate account showing
Thank you for your replies.

I did the procedure at
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...matically.html then used
Ctrl-Alt-Del to change the password to match.

It's now back to automatically logging me on and when I log off, it only
displays the one account, not a duplicate.

Dee