home network XP comp cant' access files on vista desktop

David

home network XP comp cant' access files on vista desktop
Hi

My laptop running xp cannot access files on my desktop running vista.

Desktop can access files on laptop, I can also access files laptop>desktop
using Laplink.

Error message says talk to administrator (me) don't have appropriate
permission.

Don' t know whether this problem first manifested itself when I changed
routers. Have tried without firewall on router and on desktop.

I believe sharing is set appropriately. I am not being asked for any
passwords and I do know them.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I should look at please?

Regards
--
David
João José Lobo

Re: home network XP comp cant' access files on vista desktop
David,

I'm not a Vista expert. I have worked around it by creating, in vista, the
same user account I have in XP. Same name and password.

Hope this help.

JJLobo

"David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na not*cia da
mensagem:963B5808-112D-46EC-B54C-CE363307A12E@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> My laptop running xp cannot access files on my desktop running vista.
>
> Desktop can access files on laptop, I can also access files laptop>desktop
> using Laplink.
>
> Error message says talk to administrator (me) don't have appropriate
> permission.
>
> Don' t know whether this problem first manifested itself when I changed
> routers. Have tried without firewall on router and on desktop.
>
> I believe sharing is set appropriately. I am not being asked for any
> passwords and I do know them.
>
> Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I should look at please?
>
> Regards
> --
> David

David3128

"João José Lobo" wrote:

> David,
>
> I'm not a Vista expert. I have worked around it by creating, in vista, the
> same user account I have in XP. Same name and password.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply I will try what you suggest when I ahve a little
more time.
It toook me ages to access the thread because I could not find it as the
email link did not open.

Regards

David