Permission Denied

crossfire

Permission Denied
I've just upgraded to Vista and, at first glance, am very pleased save for a
few niggles. Most importantly, however, Outlook will no longer archive
folders because, it says, I don't have the permission required. Needless to
say I cannot access the archive folder either which is very bad news. Nor do
I, apparently, have access to the various folders along the path to check the
properties of the archive.pst itself.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
Bill
Dyawlak

Re: Permission Denied
If your account has admin rights, take ownership of the folder and then set
your security rights
"crossfire" <crossfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just upgraded to Vista and, at first glance, am very pleased save for
> few niggles. Most importantly, however, Outlook will no longer archive
> folders because, it says, I don't have the permission required. Needless
> say I cannot access the archive folder either which is very bad news. Nor
> do
> I, apparently, have access to the various folders along the path to check
> the
> properties of the archive.pst itself.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Kind regards
> Bill

crossfire

Re: Permission Denied
I am the sole PC user and have all rights necessary. Or at least I had with
Windows XP prior to upgrading to Vista last week. Taking ownership as you
suggest is a non-starter because I'm unable to access the folder - due, you
guessed it, because I don't have the required permission!

Further help would be greatly appreciated.

"Dyawlak" wrote:

> If your account has admin rights, take ownership of the folder and then set
> your security rights
> "crossfire" <crossfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've just upgraded to Vista and, at first glance, am very pleased save for
> > few niggles. Most importantly, however, Outlook will no longer archive
> > folders because, it says, I don't have the permission required. Needless
> > say I cannot access the archive folder either which is very bad news. Nor
> > do
> > I, apparently, have access to the various folders along the path to check
> > the
> > properties of the archive.pst itself.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Bill

Knewt-Ccob

Re: Permission Denied

"crossfire"
I am having the same problems and would like to find the solution also.
Would you please let me know if you find the answer.
Thanks
NeedsHelpASAP

Re: Permission Denied
Go into safe mode (Reboot + F8 Key after the Dell Screen (or whatever system
you have) but before vista loads) and select the file you want..

Properties > Security Tab > Advanced > Owner > set yourself as owner.

I had the same problem with another file and it was as easy as going into
safe mode and fixing it that way.

"Knewt-Ccob" wrote:

> "crossfire"
> I am having the same problems and would like to find the solution also.
> Would you please let me know if you find the answer.
> Thanks

crossfire

Re: Permission Denied
Sorry, Knewt-Ccob, I've only just seen your post. I also see that
NeedsHelpASAP has provided a work-around with which I agree. In my case,
however, I was eventually able to access the correct folder and change
ownership.

Regards
Bill