Locked out of all accounts Vista Enterprise

woody

Locked out of all accounts Vista Enterprise
I know this issue has been addressed before by JB at
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx
What makes my situation unusual is that my dell laptop was shipped with
vista enterprise, but the operating system cd that was shipped was vista home
basic. The reason for this is that I purchased through my daughter's
college. I'm still trying to figure out if the college loaded the enterprise
or if dell did. In the meantime, I cannot log on to any of the user
accounts. My question: Can I boot from the vista basic cd and repair this,
or do I need to have the vista enterprise cd?

Woody

Flavius

Re: Locked out of all accounts Vista Enterprise

woody;1108672 Wrote:
> I know this issue has been addressed before by JB at
> 'What do I do: I can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator
> account'
> (http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx)
> What makes my situation unusual is that my dell laptop was shipped with
> vista enterprise, but the operating system cd that was shipped was
> vista home
> basic. The reason for this is that I purchased through my daughter's
> college. I'm still trying to figure out if the college loaded the
> enterprise
> or if dell did. In the meantime, I cannot log on to any of the user
> accounts. My question: Can I boot from the vista basic cd and repair
> this,
> or do I need to have the vista enterprise cd?
>
> Woody

You can use any version Vista DVD.It without any meaning what version
is installed system and what version is Vista DVD.The only meaning is
architecture -you can't use x32 Vista DVD to repair x64 Vista,or x64
Vista DVD to repair x32 Vista

--
Flavius
woody

Re: Locked out of all accounts Vista Enterprise
Flavius,
Thanks for the response. I see that my vista basic cd is 32 bit, but am not
sure how to tell about the vista enterprise service pack 1 that came pre
installed on the laptop. Can I just try to see what happens when I try the
fix (option 3) that jimmah outlines on his site?

Woody