I need to recover an email account password from an IAF file

I need to recover an email account password from an IAF file
Can someone tell me how to freely recover
an old mail account password I lost when changing machines
it was in the form of an IAF extension all the
account information but it is encrypted
and I need that same password to get access to other
things besides email which works A-OK ??

I might go to my ISP but because it is a gift
it resides under another persons data.
I have all I need on my own machine
WHICH I OWN and ADMINISTER but
cant for the life of me recover a stupid password
which is my own. ??

The IAF extension is an exported account.
All the data is there but it cant be read.

Also is there a way to not encrypt passwords
since I am the only user of this machine ??

Win VIsta Premium OEM version SP2.

Thanks for any realistic answers.
geoff

Bruce Chambers

Re: I need to recover an email account password from an IAF file
gmvoeth@hotmail.com wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to freely recover
> an old mail account password I lost when changing machines
> it was in the form of an IAF extension all the
> account information but it is encrypted
> and I need that same password to get access to other
> things besides email which works A-OK ??
>
> I might go to my ISP but because it is a gift
> it resides under another persons data.
> I have all I need on my own machine
> WHICH I OWN and ADMINISTER but
> cant for the life of me recover a stupid password
> which is my own. ??
>
> The IAF extension is an exported account.
> All the data is there but it cant be read.
>
> Also is there a way to not encrypt passwords
> since I am the only user of this machine ??
>
> Win VIsta Premium OEM version SP2.
>
> Thanks for any realistic answers.
> geoff

Contact the maker of whatever email client application you used to
create that encrypted *.IAF file for assistance.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Thomas Wendell

Re: I need to recover an email account password from an IAF file

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> kirjoitti
viestissä:uxY2S17FKHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> gmvoeth@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Can someone tell me how to freely recover
>> an old mail account password I lost when changing machines
>> it was in the form of an IAF extension all the
>> account information but it is encrypted
>> and I need that same password to get access to other
>> things besides email which works A-OK ??
>>
>> I might go to my ISP but because it is a gift
>> it resides under another persons data.
>> I have all I need on my own machine
>> WHICH I OWN and ADMINISTER but
>> cant for the life of me recover a stupid password
>> which is my own. ??
>>
>> The IAF extension is an exported account.
>> All the data is there but it cant be read.
>>
>> Also is there a way to not encrypt passwords
>> since I am the only user of this machine ??
>>
>> Win VIsta Premium OEM version SP2.
>>
>> Thanks for any realistic answers.
>> geoff
>>

> Contact the maker of whatever email client application you used to create
> that encrypted *.IAF file for assistance.
>
> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
> Russell

> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot

Well, as it's an OE "export account data" file extension, this most likely
is a place to ask, as I don't think MS is helping in decrypting such
personal data

--
Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland

Thomas Wendell wrote:

> Well, as it's an OE "export account data" file extension, this most likely
> is a place to ask, as I don't think MS is helping in decrypting such
> personal data

Is it an OE file? (Haven't used OE for more than a decade, so I'm not
familiar with its file types.) Anyway, this still wouldn't really be
the best place to ask, since Vista doesn't include Outlook Express; it
has Windows Mail. (Not much of an improvement, but there you are.) The
OP would still be most likely to get the best assistance by asking his
question in a Outlook Express or Win2K/XP newsgroup, where there are
more likely to be people familiar with OE.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

Re: I need to recover an email account password from an IAF file
Ok OK, I get the message.
Ill go try and find a OE group.

Thanks anyways.