can't change time

mrjgs70

can't change time
I am using Vista Business. I am set for the correct time zone (Eastern Time -
US) but every time I change the time, about 4-5 seconds later, the clock
automatically changes to 4 hours ahead. I tried with and without UAC
enabled, same result. If I set it for 2:00pm, it automatically changes it to
6:00pm. How can I set my computer for the correct time? Thanks.
Charlene Shepard [MSFT]

Re: can't change time
Is your clock set to sync with an Internet time server? To check, open the
clock and see if there is a tab labeled "Internet Time." If there is, see if
your clock is set to sync with a particular time server and make sure that
time server is appropriate for your time zone.

Charlene

--
Charlene Shepard
Windows User Assistance Team

"mrjgs70" <mrjgs70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Vista Business. I am set for the correct time zone (Eastern
>Time -
> US) but every time I change the time, about 4-5 seconds later, the clock
> automatically changes to 4 hours ahead. I tried with and without UAC
> enabled, same result. If I set it for 2:00pm, it automatically changes it
> 6:00pm. How can I set my computer for the correct time? Thanks.

mrjgs70

Re: can't change time
Thanks for the reply Charlene.

The PC is set to sync up to a time server, but it does not succeed even when
I try to sync manually. I am behind a firewall here, so it goes through a
proxy, and I'm not sure if that is the reason it can't sync up.

I also changed the Local Security Policy to elevate to Administator, and the
clock still goes 4 hours ahead each time I change. It is baffling my mind...
I can't figure it out.

Thanks.
john

"Charlene Shepard [MSFT]" wrote:

> Is your clock set to sync with an Internet time server? To check, open the
> clock and see if there is a tab labeled "Internet Time." If there is, see if
> your clock is set to sync with a particular time server and make sure that
> time server is appropriate for your time zone.
>
> Charlene
>
> --
> Charlene Shepard
> Windows User Assistance Team
> Microsoft Corporation
>
> "mrjgs70" <mrjgs70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Vista Business. I am set for the correct time zone (Eastern
> >Time -
> > US) but every time I change the time, about 4-5 seconds later, the clock
> > automatically changes to 4 hours ahead. I tried with and without UAC
> > enabled, same result. If I set it for 2:00pm, it automatically changes it
> > 6:00pm. How can I set my computer for the correct time? Thanks.

Sam

Re: can't change time
Look at the system logs in event viewer to see if there are any logs that may
be helpful regarding time services.

"mrjgs70" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Charlene.
>
> The PC is set to sync up to a time server, but it does not succeed even when
> I try to sync manually. I am behind a firewall here, so it goes through a
> proxy, and I'm not sure if that is the reason it can't sync up.
>
> I also changed the Local Security Policy to elevate to Administator, and the
> clock still goes 4 hours ahead each time I change. It is baffling my mind...
> I can't figure it out.
>
> Thanks.
> john
>
> "Charlene Shepard [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Is your clock set to sync with an Internet time server? To check, open the
> > clock and see if there is a tab labeled "Internet Time." If there is, see if
> > your clock is set to sync with a particular time server and make sure that
> > time server is appropriate for your time zone.
> >
> > Charlene
> >
> > --
> > Charlene Shepard
> > Windows User Assistance Team
> > Microsoft Corporation
> >
> > "mrjgs70" <mrjgs70@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am using Vista Business. I am set for the correct time zone (Eastern
> > >Time -
> > > US) but every time I change the time, about 4-5 seconds later, the clock
> > > automatically changes to 4 hours ahead. I tried with and without UAC
> > > enabled, same result. If I set it for 2:00pm, it automatically changes it
> > > 6:00pm. How can I set my computer for the correct time? Thanks.

Paul

Re: can't change time
If the time does in fact resets to 4 hours later than entered, look at the
current time and subtract 4 hours. Enter that time. The system will reset
the time to 4 hours later, which is your current time.