Cannot uninstall

archikay

Cannot uninstall
When I try to uninstall a program, I get "The system administrator has set
policies to prevent this installation", followed by "You do not have
sufficient access to uninstall Retrospect 6.5. Please contact your system
administrator."

But I am the system administrator - in fact, the only user. What can I do,
please?
--
archikay
Mariano Rempel

Re: Cannot uninstall
Are you working on a Domain??
Maybe some GPO are applied on your user.

Regards,
Mariano Rempel

"archikay" <archikay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to uninstall a program, I get "The system administrator has set
> policies to prevent this installation", followed by "You do not have
> sufficient access to uninstall Retrospect 6.5. Please contact your system
> administrator."
>
> But I am the system administrator - in fact, the only user. What can I
> do,
> please?
> --
> archikay

archikay

Re: Cannot uninstall
1. No domain.
2. What's GPO?
3. Sorry to be so thick
--
archikay

"Mariano Rempel" wrote:

> Are you working on a Domain??
> Maybe some GPO are applied on your user.
>
> Regards,
> Mariano Rempel
>
> "archikay" <archikay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to uninstall a program, I get "The system administrator has set
> > policies to prevent this installation", followed by "You do not have
> > sufficient access to uninstall Retrospect 6.5. Please contact your system
> > administrator."
> >
> > But I am the system administrator - in fact, the only user. What can I
> > do,
> > please?
> > --
> > archikay

pkg_deal

Re: Cannot uninstall
I'm with you. I have no idea. What they are talking about. Does anyone have
"vista uninstall for dummies"?

"archikay" wrote:

> 1. No domain.
> 2. What's GPO?
> 3. Sorry to be so thick
> --
> archikay
>

> "Mariano Rempel" wrote:
>
> > Are you working on a Domain??
> > Maybe some GPO are applied on your user.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mariano Rempel
> >
> > "archikay" <archikay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I try to uninstall a program, I get "The system administrator has set
> > > policies to prevent this installation", followed by "You do not have
> > > sufficient access to uninstall Retrospect 6.5. Please contact your system
> > > administrator."
> > >
> > > But I am the system administrator - in fact, the only user. What can I
> > > do,
> > > please?
> > > --
> > > archikay

archikay

Re: Cannot uninstall
Thanks. Glad I'm not alone.
--
archikay

"pkg_deal" wrote:

> I'm with you. I have no idea. What they are talking about. Does anyone have
> "vista uninstall for dummies"?
>
> "archikay" wrote:
>
> > 1. No domain.
> > 2. What's GPO?
> > 3. Sorry to be so thick
> > --
> > archikay
> >

> > "Mariano Rempel" wrote:
> >
> > > Are you working on a Domain??
> > > Maybe some GPO are applied on your user.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mariano Rempel

Angel916

Re: Cannot uninstall
Has anyone tried searching for an answer to this problem elsewhere? I'm
having the same EXACT problem and it's driving me nuts. Mine is to the point
that I'm having problems installing too because of the same error message.
I'm glad I'm not alone, but this problem is beyond frustrating.

Any help is more than greatly appreciated!! :-)