User Account Failed to Load

Orion Cochrane

User Account Failed to Load
Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 32 bit

This has happened twice with 2 admin accounts. They try to login, and once
they enter their password, a message comes that says that the user profile
failed to load. It then logs the user off. In order to salvage the accounts
and files, I had to login as myself and copy and paste the files over to new
accounts. No actual data is lost. Is this a common issue, and, how can I fix
it?
--
I am running on Office 2003, unless otherwise stated.
Flavius

Re: User Account Failed to Load

look
here:http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...y-profile.html

--
Flavius
Frank Holman

Flavius <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>look
>here:http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...y-profile.html
>

>I understand you can't log on any account -read this
>post:http://www.vistax64.com/1098524-post2.html

Please learn how to post a URL so that it's easily clickable.
Bruce Chambers

Orion Cochrane wrote:
> Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 32 bit
>
> This has happened twice with 2 admin accounts. They try to login, and once
> they enter their password, a message comes that says that the user profile
> failed to load. It then logs the user off. In order to salvage the accounts
> and files, I had to login as myself and copy and paste the files over to new
> accounts. No actual data is lost. Is this a common issue, and, how can I fix
> it?

This could be because the memory resident portions of the user profiles
are not being properly saved back to the hard drive as the user logs out
or shuts down the computer.

I'd suggest you ensure that the computer is always properly shut down
(by clicking Start > Shutdown, rather than simply powering off), test
your RAM by using using MemTest86 http://www.memtest86.com/. It's free.
Then it might also be a good idea for you to download and use the hard
drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility to test the hard drive.

If the hardware checks good, it could be that some one time event (such
as an unexpected power outage) has irretrievably corrupted the user
profiles. If so, it would be best to create new replacement accounts,
copy over only the data files from the two problematic accounts (don't
use Windows Easy Transfer to copy system/application settings, or you
might inadvertently copy the source of the problem), and then delete the
"bad" accounts.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: