Simplified Vista Admin for Home Users?

Tom461

Simplified Vista Admin for Home Users?
For a Vista CPU bought new for home use with no need for ownerships and
permissions and rights, what step or set of steps within Vista constitute the
simplest but also most comprehensive method of assigning all possible
ownerships, permissions, and rights to that one user? It puzzles me that
Microsoft does not include a Wizard for this. Why should the home user be
expected to struggle with a setup designed for fairly large organizations, a
setup which is no doubt easy to use for the professional IT folks? I have
Vista Home Premium.
Bill Daggett

Re: Simplified Vista Admin for Home Users?
Tom461 <Tom461@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>For a Vista CPU bought new for home use with no need for ownerships and
>permissions and rights, what step or set of steps within Vista constitute the
>simplest but also most comprehensive method of assigning all possible
>ownerships, permissions, and rights to that one user? It puzzles me that
>Microsoft does not include a Wizard for this. Why should the home user be
>expected to struggle with a setup designed for fairly large organizations, a
>setup which is no doubt easy to use for the professional IT folks? I have
>Vista Home Premium.

I feel your pain.

How many users - just you?

Are you an Internet veteran who hasn't a history of getting your
computer infected with all sorts of virus and malware problems?

Do you have decent anti-virus software installed? If it's Norton,
it's only "trial" ware and will require you to pay something for it
soon. Best to uninstall it NOW and get a free one.

Waiting...
Richard G. Harper

Re: Simplified Vista Admin for Home Users?
Your question is unclear. What exactly do you seek that is not provided
when a new user is created?