i need help with using 'runas.exe'

skynogi

i need help with using 'runas.exe'

Hello everyone!
I had recently bought the game 'Anno 1404awn of Discovery' from
Ubisoft and played well for a few hours. Then I found out that those
'Autosaves' were corrupted and searched the net to find out what was the
problem.

Some people had the same problem as me, and they were a single users of
Vistas and XPs, and to fix this, one said that I had to make another
Admin User to play properly, and yes, it worked.

However, I really don't like about "logging-off" my account to another,
and recently in this forum, I found a 'runas.exe' that could run a
program as a different user.

So, here is the question.. (Finally!)
First, I'm logged in as an Administrator account (which HP had setup),
and I want to run my anno game as another Administrator account(which i
had created, called Anno) without switching user-account using as
runas.exe

What do i have to set up to play it?

--
skynogi
Chris Jolly

Re: i need help with using 'runas.exe'
Does it not work if you right click the program and select: run as
administrator
On Vista you actually run most programs as a sort of limited admin. For full
admin privileges you need to elevate it, which is what happens with the
above step. If this works it will be simpler than the runas.

Chris

"skynogi" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello everyone!
> I had recently bought the game 'Anno 1404awn of Discovery' from
> Ubisoft and played well for a few hours. Then I found out that those
> 'Autosaves' were corrupted and searched the net to find out what was the
> problem.
>
> Some people had the same problem as me, and they were a single users of
> Vistas and XPs, and to fix this, one said that I had to make another
> Admin User to play properly, and yes, it worked.
>
> However, I really don't like about "logging-off" my account to another,
> and recently in this forum, I found a 'runas.exe' that could run a
> program as a different user.
>
> So, here is the question.. (Finally!)
> First, I'm logged in as an Administrator account (which HP had setup),
> and I want to run my anno game as another Administrator account(which i
> had created, called Anno) without switching user-account using as
> runas.exe
>
> What do i have to set up to play it?
>

> --
> skynogi

skynogi

Re: i need help with using 'runas.exe'

The game, Anno 1404, does not work(on save and loading) properly in my
original Admin account. But when I played at 'created' Admin account,
called Anno, the game works perfectly.

I want to run my game in my "original Admin account" as runned by
"created Admin account(Anno)"

Well, I found out how to use runas.exe but, when I tried it, I cannot
type the password in the cmd window :S What is this problem now?

--
skynogi