Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

No Administrative Priviledges

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2007
Jay
 

Posts: n/a
No Administrative Priviledges
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-A690 and I recently performed a clean install of
Windows Vista Ultimate. The past few days have been spent locating drivers
and installing programs. Shortly after the clean install I intalled two
programs: Norton Internet Security and Trend Micro Anti-Spyware. The versions
I installed were Vista compatible. Now whenever I start up my pc Trend Micro
says that I do not have Administrator priviledges, but when I look under user
accounts it clearly says that I am the administrator since there are no other
users on my pc.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2007
Bruce Chambers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No Administrative Priviledges
Jay wrote:
> I have a Sony Vaio VGN-A690 and I recently performed a clean install of
> Windows Vista Ultimate. The past few days have been spent locating drivers
> and installing programs. Shortly after the clean install I intalled two
> programs: Norton Internet Security and Trend Micro Anti-Spyware. The versions
> I installed were Vista compatible. Now whenever I start up my pc Trend Micro
> says that I do not have Administrator priviledges, but when I look under user
> accounts it clearly says that I am the administrator since there are no other
> users on my pc.
>
> Could you please help me with this issue?
>
> Thanks,



It sounds as if the Trend Micro Product is not truly Vista-compatible,
and is trying to access an area that Vista's default security doesn't
allow. As a test, try briefly disabling the User Account Control (UAC)
to see if the application then stops giving that error. If the error
stops, you'll know that the application isn't really Vista-compatible,
despite its maker's claims.

Control Panel > Security Center > Other Security Settings


--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2007
Jay
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No Administrative Priviledges
Bruce thank you for your help. That was the exact problem. Once I disabled my
UAC it worked fine without the error message.

Jay

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> Jay wrote:
> > I have a Sony Vaio VGN-A690 and I recently performed a clean install of
> > Windows Vista Ultimate. The past few days have been spent locating drivers
> > and installing programs. Shortly after the clean install I intalled two
> > programs: Norton Internet Security and Trend Micro Anti-Spyware. The versions
> > I installed were Vista compatible. Now whenever I start up my pc Trend Micro
> > says that I do not have Administrator priviledges, but when I look under user
> > accounts it clearly says that I am the administrator since there are no other
> > users on my pc.
> >
> > Could you please help me with this issue?
> >
> > Thanks,

>
>
> It sounds as if the Trend Micro Product is not truly Vista-compatible,
> and is trying to access an area that Vista's default security doesn't
> allow. As a test, try briefly disabling the User Account Control (UAC)
> to see if the application then stops giving that error. If the error
> stops, you'll know that the application isn't really Vista-compatible,
> despite its maker's claims.
>
> Control Panel > Security Center > Other Security Settings
>
>
> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
>
> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-28-2007
Bruce Chambers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: No Administrative Priviledges
Jay wrote:
> Bruce thank you for your help. That was the exact problem. Once I disabled my
> UAC it worked fine without the error message.
>


You're welcome. Hopefully, Trend Micro will someday fix the bug in
their product that forces one to compromise security to use it. It
seems awfully ironic that a security/privacy application would have such
a glaring flaw.


--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Administrative Tools...gone! Matt Robinson microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 02-10-2009 17:48
Administrative Account Password? =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 1 04-23-2007 03:27
Mising administrative tool again Please =?Utf-8?B?am8=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 04-21-2007 21:08
No Administrative Tools JamesJ microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 11 03-27-2007 06:19
Administrative Rights slammer microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 1 02-28-2007 14:12




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:37.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120