Startup blocked programs

feyrerm

Startup blocked programs
I am really starting to get angry with vista at this point. I cant get
certain progams in my startup to run without having to unblock them every
time. I understand that microsoft is trying to protect me from malicious
software, but one promt to block while loged into an administrators account
should allow me to set it to always allow spacific programs for the startup.
I'm not talking about other programs just startup.

For exsample ther is a progam that needs to run on startup to log
information about my kids instant messaging on a non microsoft messenger. Why
should I need to watch my kids log in and have to approve these programs
everytime they boot the machine. These progams should be blocked once with a
prompt to add to always allow. I cant always be here when they boot up. They
learn fast to just reboot, and not say anything. the program is blocked and I
have no idea who they were talking too.

This is just one example. System monitors like uguru that protect and warn
about hight cpu, and vid card temps is another example.

This needs to be fixed or more people will just turn it all off and take
their chances with a virus scan software and some anti spyware software.

I love the security tools, I dont want to turn them off, but I need the
controll to allow startup programs that I approve of to run.
Jane C

Re: Startup blocked programs
Programs that require Administrative privileges to run will always be
blocked on startup. These programs need *your* permission to run. There is
a workaround here that may suit your needs:
http://blog.gerke-preussner.de/index...-in-Vista.html

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User
"feyrerm" <feyrerm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am really starting to get angry with vista at this point. I cant get
> certain progams in my startup to run without having to unblock them every
> time. I understand that microsoft is trying to protect me from malicious
> software, but one promt to block while loged into an administrators
> account
> should allow me to set it to always allow spacific programs for the
> startup.
> I'm not talking about other programs just startup.
>
> For exsample ther is a progam that needs to run on startup to log
> information about my kids instant messaging on a non microsoft messenger.
> Why
> should I need to watch my kids log in and have to approve these programs
> everytime they boot the machine. These progams should be blocked once with
> prompt to add to always allow. I cant always be here when they boot up.
> They
> learn fast to just reboot, and not say anything. the program is blocked
> and I
> have no idea who they were talking too.
>
> This is just one example. System monitors like uguru that protect and warn
> about hight cpu, and vid card temps is another example.
>
> This needs to be fixed or more people will just turn it all off and take
> their chances with a virus scan software and some anti spyware software.
>
> I love the security tools, I dont want to turn them off, but I need the
> controll to allow startup programs that I approve of to run.

JerryM \(ID\)

Re: Startup blocked programs
Why not get the kids their own computer (one of the cheap ones)
Don't hook up to the net,
Purchase games at the store, they are cheap.

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.

"feyrerm" <feyrerm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am really starting to get angry with vista at this point. I cant get
> certain progams in my startup to run without having to unblock them every
> time. I understand that microsoft is trying to protect me from malicious
> software, but one promt to block while loged into an administrators
> account
> should allow me to set it to always allow spacific programs for the
> startup.
> I'm not talking about other programs just startup.
>
> For exsample ther is a progam that needs to run on startup to log
> information about my kids instant messaging on a non microsoft messenger.
> Why
> should I need to watch my kids log in and have to approve these programs
> everytime they boot the machine. These progams should be blocked once with
> prompt to add to always allow. I cant always be here when they boot up.
> They
> learn fast to just reboot, and not say anything. the program is blocked
> and I
> have no idea who they were talking too.
>
> This is just one example. System monitors like uguru that protect and warn
> about hight cpu, and vid card temps is another example.
>
> This needs to be fixed or more people will just turn it all off and take
> their chances with a virus scan software and some anti spyware software.
>
> I love the security tools, I dont want to turn them off, but I need the
> controll to allow startup programs that I approve of to run.

feyrerm

Re: Startup blocked programs
This isent perfect, bit it will work. I'd rather microsoft give me the right
to coose startup programs at least. Thanks