Programme wrongly insists that I am NOT administrator

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2bw==?=

Programme wrongly insists that I am NOT administrator
I am trying to reinstall a HP printer Photosmart 7760 on my new Vista
Ultimate PC. I have resolved the compatability issues, but programme still
won't run because it claims I am not administrator with adminstrator's
rights. But I AM the administrator and I do have rights! I have tried
right-clicking on icons and properties to manually switch on admin rights,
and I have tried disenabling the UAC, but nothing has worked so far. Is this
actually a compatability problem misidentified?

--
Kevo
Kerry Brown

Re: Programme wrongly insists that I am NOT administrator
It looks like HP only supports basic functions for that printer at this
time.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 5375&lang=en

If you are trying to install the XP software then yes it sounds like a
compatibility problem.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Kevo" <Kevo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to reinstall a HP printer Photosmart 7760 on my new Vista
> Ultimate PC. I have resolved the compatability issues, but programme still
> won't run because it claims I am not administrator with adminstrator's
> rights. But I AM the administrator and I do have rights! I have tried
> right-clicking on icons and properties to manually switch on admin rights,
> and I have tried disenabling the UAC, but nothing has worked so far. Is
> this
> actually a compatability problem misidentified?
>

> --
> Kevo

Kevo

Re: Programme wrongly insists that I am NOT administrator
Thanks for your input, Kerry.
I'll try a few more times in the hope I'll catch Vista unprepared...
--
Kevo