Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

backups

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2007
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
backups
I was doing backups on my E:\ but my D:\ is larger, so I deleted my backups,
and figured I just create a new one in the D:\ so it wouldn't have all the
differentials, and start out with a new baseline backup. Now it gives me an
error when I try to initialize a backup, I believe it is because I deleted
the original. Is there anyway I can have it start out fresh on the D:\?

Thanks,
Dave

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2007
Eru Aesir
 

Posts: n/a
Re: backups
Whats the error message your getting?

"Dave" <junk@junkmail.com> wrote in message
news:1A378F30-D334-482F-9571-71F4333D137E@microsoft.com...
>I was doing backups on my E:\ but my D:\ is larger, so I deleted my
>backups, and figured I just create a new one in the D:\ so it wouldn't have
>all the differentials, and start out with a new baseline backup. Now it
>gives me an error when I try to initialize a backup, I believe it is
>because I deleted the original. Is there anyway I can have it start out
>fresh on the D:\?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2007
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: backups
This is what the details button lets me know, it sounds to me like it can't
get the original backup file information.


The backup did not complete successfully.

An error occurred. The following information might
help you resolve the error.

An attempt was made to reference a token that does
not exist. (0x800703F0)

Thanks,
Dave Marden



"Eru Aesir" <Valcora@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:u$HqNTPhHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Whats the error message your getting?
>
> "Dave" <junk@junkmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1A378F30-D334-482F-9571-71F4333D137E@microsoft.com...
>>I was doing backups on my E:\ but my D:\ is larger, so I deleted my
>>backups, and figured I just create a new one in the D:\ so it wouldn't
>>have all the differentials, and start out with a new baseline backup. Now
>>it gives me an error when I try to initialize a backup, I believe it is
>>because I deleted the original. Is there anyway I can have it start out
>>fresh on the D:\?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dave

>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2007
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: backups
My D:\ wasn't marked as Active, is that possibly what was messing me up?

Dave Marden


"Dave" <junk@junkmail.com> wrote in message
news:886C2E51-F7B9-4073-AF79-E03AD4C53C80@microsoft.com...
> This is what the details button lets me know, it sounds to me like it
> can't get the original backup file information.
>
>
> The backup did not complete successfully.
>
> An error occurred. The following information might
> help you resolve the error.
>
> An attempt was made to reference a token that does
> not exist. (0x800703F0)
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Marden
>
>
>
> "Eru Aesir" <Valcora@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:u$HqNTPhHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Whats the error message your getting?
>>
>> "Dave" <junk@junkmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1A378F30-D334-482F-9571-71F4333D137E@microsoft.com...
>>>I was doing backups on my E:\ but my D:\ is larger, so I deleted my
>>>backups, and figured I just create a new one in the D:\ so it wouldn't
>>>have all the differentials, and start out with a new baseline backup.
>>>Now it gives me an error when I try to initialize a backup, I believe it
>>>is because I deleted the original. Is there anyway I can have it start
>>>out fresh on the D:\?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dave

>>

>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No incremental backups? bilglas microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 08-18-2007 16:09
backups =?Utf-8?B?d2Vz?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-31-2007 17:01
Manual Backups? =?Utf-8?B?c2lsbHlidXRzbWFydA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 03-19-2007 19:06
Backups and partitions =?Utf-8?B?TGluZGEgQ3VzdGVy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 2 02-11-2007 22:19
Re: BackUps Diamontina Cocktail microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 0 01-08-2007 22:07




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:09.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120