Vista Security & administrator problems

tmeria

Vista Security & administrator problems
I upgraded to Vista and now I am having all kind of compatibility problems
and Administrator problems.

1. I am the only user of my PC yet I cannot access certain folders or
applications because I don't have administrator privileges (I am the only
user).
2. I have to administrators on my PC (LettPC/Administrator and
HPAdministrator) not sure why. I did not set up any administrator on the PC.

Is there a way to change the security settings and to figure out which
administrator account is the actual administrator? What is .aspnet account?

With all of the Vista's security features I feel like I work for the CIA and
all I want to do is use my PC smooth and effortlessly like I did with XP.

=?Utf-8?B?SkQ=?=

RE: Vista Security & administrator problems
1. For many programs in Vista, including many installs, you must right click
the file and choose "Run as Administrator" to get them going.
2. These sound like they were created by compaines HP and LettPC, where did
you buy the system?, they should be fine to delete, leaving your own intact,
u should have only two accounts: Administrator, and one with your name. The
ASP.Net account is created as part of the Microsoft Framework install and
while posing no security threats, is safe to delete, though will cause no harm

"tmeria" wrote:

> I upgraded to Vista and now I am having all kind of compatibility problems
> and Administrator problems.
>
> 1. I am the only user of my PC yet I cannot access certain folders or
> applications because I don't have administrator privileges (I am the only
> user).
> 2. I have to administrators on my PC (LettPC/Administrator and
> HPAdministrator) not sure why. I did not set up any administrator on the PC.
>
> Is there a way to change the security settings and to figure out which
> administrator account is the actual administrator? What is .aspnet account?
>

> With all of the Vista's security features I feel like I work for the CIA and
> all I want to do is use my PC smooth and effortlessly like I did with XP.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hlcm9rZWVibGFkZQ==?=

RE: Vista Security & administrator problems
Hi
I notic a big bug in admistrator name changeing. When I upgraded my pc from
xp I notic there was no place to change adminstrator name while it was
installing. and I wanted to change the Hp default name that came with my hp.
Since it was preloaded. and set to a admistrator name all ready.
HP_Admistrator. So after it finished vista upgrade. I went to user accounts
and renamed the admistrator From Hp_admistrator. Because I know lot people do
not change there preloaded machines. and I found out through experiments.
that you can access millions of machine hp and dell machines that are left
with the default admintrator Ids. Hp_Admistrator or Dell_Adminstrator. So I
change the name to make it unquic and password it. Like said Hp and dell do
not password these two nicks and left open on default preloaded machines. So
guess what anybody can access another machine in admistrator mode. Talk about
no security BIg Major bug. Not your fault rather Hp,Dell and any other
computer company who preloads computers.
Now the other bug is when I did change the name. It did change my
Admistrator ID in some area of vista but not all areas ,registry was on big
headache and few other area where it Identifies who is admistrotor and who it
not.
There need to be a fix for vista that when you change or installing a
upgrade that you can have the option to put in admistrator ID. Or later to
change the Admistrator ID and goes through the whole computer system and
fixes ID assosiation.
This why so many people are having problems when changing the name of a
administrator or user ID. that not making the ID changes in sub programs.
Cause like pop ups you need admistrators rights to countinue. It because the
ID is not maching the old ID in some sub programs or registries.
Next thing Games or my gosh. You have to many security issue here. mainly
letting the game itself run. Becuase the older stuff want to access a program
and when it drops down to dos or wants to access a area. Guess what computer
locks up because it wants you to confirm access. and the game or program wont
switch so you can say yes or no. Here where you should put in a option is
this a pre vista program. and this would set the accessing to open. and allow
the program to access area that it can't access under the new vista or do
like in older version of windows and reboot or open up a pop screen to older
version of windows.
Bad thing I was going to reboot to older version of windows at start up
because I seen when I rebooted restore original windows. Bummer yep that what
it does restore. It should had the option reboot to original windows xp.
Bummer no one thought of this.
Becuase right now there are thousands of older programs and games. That I
know that will never get upgraded to windows because of out buisness or to
costly to even come up with a patch or driver.
Sorry I did not live in Tacoma or I been over to show you all some of the
biggest flaw that a normal user will run into. I remember the old days when I
drove from Ft. Lewis over to Brementon and say hey wait a minute this need to
be fix in your next operating Os release. and a few of my friends at
microsoft would bring up the fix in a meeting. That was good old days. Now
that company gotten big it like no one really listen to end user.
There are some other stuff I would like to talk about. But this is the
biggest security flaw I found. Not your fault it the companies and users who
did not change the default admistrator name while upgrading. Talk about a big
back door on milliions of machines.
I know your company was trying to make a more secure windows. In doing so
some one over look the set backs.
So far I been able to get most my older games and programs to run . But at
cost of hours of debuging and turning off security measure in registery and
system INI.
Which would been much simpler having a pop up saying would you like to run
this in xp mode. Because clicking on the capatability program for the main
program does not work when there are dozen of sub programs and routines in
the main program trying to access That need admistrator rights in order to
run. And for me to write a emilator or start program for each older game or
program will take me months or years to do. where you all can come up with a
patch faster then I.
Well best of luck and hope some one can under stand what I'm saying. and
put out a fix or warning.
Laterz
C.O.G. Michael

"JD" wrote:

> 1. For many programs in Vista, including many installs, you must right click
> the file and choose "Run as Administrator" to get them going.
> 2. These sound like they were created by compaines HP and LettPC, where did
> you buy the system?, they should be fine to delete, leaving your own intact,
> u should have only two accounts: Administrator, and one with your name. The
> ASP.Net account is created as part of the Microsoft Framework install and
> while posing no security threats, is safe to delete, though will cause no harm
>
> "tmeria" wrote:
>
> > I upgraded to Vista and now I am having all kind of compatibility problems
> > and Administrator problems.
> >
> > 1. I am the only user of my PC yet I cannot access certain folders or
> > applications because I don't have administrator privileges (I am the only
> > user).
> > 2. I have to administrators on my PC (LettPC/Administrator and
> > HPAdministrator) not sure why. I did not set up any administrator on the PC.
> >
> > Is there a way to change the security settings and to figure out which
> > administrator account is the actual administrator? What is .aspnet account?
> >

> > With all of the Vista's security features I feel like I work for the CIA and
> > all I want to do is use my PC smooth and effortlessly like I did with XP.

=?Utf-8?B?Umlja2FmaXg=?=

RE: Vista Security & administrator problems
Having the same problem what i do is istead of double clicking to open say
explorer i have to right click on the icon and then double click on
adminstrator even though it shows that i am the administrator

Still trying to figure out hoe to get virus protection lol

"tmeria" wrote:

> I upgraded to Vista and now I am having all kind of compatibility problems
> and Administrator problems.
>
> 1. I am the only user of my PC yet I cannot access certain folders or
> applications because I don't have administrator privileges (I am the only
> user).
> 2. I have to administrators on my PC (LettPC/Administrator and
> HPAdministrator) not sure why. I did not set up any administrator on the PC.
>
> Is there a way to change the security settings and to figure out which
> administrator account is the actual administrator? What is .aspnet account?
>

> With all of the Vista's security features I feel like I work for the CIA and
> all I want to do is use my PC smooth and effortlessly like I did with XP.

Dennis Kudin

Re: Vista Security & administrator problems
In Vista, the administrator does not have the full rights by default.
You have to manually set the additional rights you actually need.

tmeria wrote:
> I upgraded to Vista and now I am having all kind of compatibility
> problems and Administrator problems.
>
> 1. I am the only user of my PC yet I cannot access certain folders or
> applications because I don't have administrator privileges (I am the
> only user).
> 2. I have to administrators on my PC (LettPC/Administrator and
> HPAdministrator) not sure why. I did not set up any administrator on the
> PC.
>
> Is there a way to change the security settings and to figure out which
> administrator account is the actual administrator? What is .aspnet account?
>

> With all of the Vista's security features I feel like I work for the CIA
> and all I want to do is use my PC smooth and effortlessly like I did
> with XP.

brink

Re: Vista Security & administrator problems

From: Rickafix
Having the same problem what i do is istead of double clicking to open
say
explorer i have to right click on the icon and then double click on
adminstrator even though it shows that i am the administrator

Still trying to figure out hoe to get virus protection lol

Go here & download a free version of Avast Home edition, it's the one I
use & works on 64-bit perfectly. Check out the user reviews to see if
you like.

'Avast Home Edition - User reviews and free download at Download.com'
(http://tinyurl.com/25wxjz)

Shawn

--
brink