How do I disable standard user from changing password?

shood

How do I disable standard user from changing password?

I'm using Vista Home Premium.

I know that there is no Local Users and Groups folder in Computer
Management.

I am the administrator, and I want to disable a standard user's ability
to change their password. In other words, I want to have access to this
user's account when I need--I want them to be able to be password
protected, but I don't want them to be able to change this password once
they have set it up. This seems to be possible to do in other versions
of Vista, but not Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium.

Still, it seems incredible to me that there is not a way to do this in
these versions of Vista (think a mom who needs access to her kid's
account...).

So--How do I do this without a Local Users and Groups folder?? Or in
other words, how do I work around that?

--
shood
shood's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/110018.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Michael Walraven

Re: How do I disable standard user from changing password?
it is not real obvious.

start in a elevated command window
net user ?

I.e. net user 'account' name has options to 'allow the user to change
password'

Michael

"shood" <shood.3ukcfb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I'm using Vista Home Premium.
>
> I know that there is no Local Users and Groups folder in Computer
> Management.
>
> I am the administrator, and I want to disable a standard user's ability
> to change their password. In other words, I want to have access to this
> user's account when I need--I want them to be able to be password
> protected, but I don't want them to be able to change this password once
> they have set it up. This seems to be possible to do in other versions
> of Vista, but not Vista Home Basic or Vista Home Premium.
>
> Still, it seems incredible to me that there is not a way to do this in
> these versions of Vista (think a mom who needs access to her kid's
> account...).
>
> So--How do I do this without a Local Users and Groups folder?? Or in
> other words, how do I work around that?
>

> --
> shood
> shood's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/110018.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1205192.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Dennis Lindqvist MCT

Re: How do I disable standard user from changing password?
See http://www.ss64.com/nt/netuseroptions.html (i.e. /passwordchg:{yes | no} )
--
/Dennis