Unable to run application VISTA

fernandini26

Unable to run application VISTA

Hello,

I am trying to run an application, actually is the instalation set up
file. However when I open it, it show the following mess "There was a
file access problem. You have to be logged into Windows as a user with
Admin rights", even if I run it as a "Run as administrator"" option.
Could you please help??

Thanks in advance

--
fernandini26
Bruce Chambers

Re: Unable to run application VISTA
fernandini26 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run an application, actually is the instalation set up
> file. However when I open it, it show the following mess "There was a
> file access problem. You have to be logged into Windows as a user with
> Admin rights", even if I run it as a "Run as administrator"" option.
> Could you please help??
>
> Thanks in advance

Is the application designed to be capable of installing and running on
Vista? What has this application's manufacturer' technical support had
to say about this issue?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Flavius

Re: Unable to run application VISTA

I suspect this program is too old and non-compatible with Vista.What is
program and his version?

--
Flavius
fernandini26

Re: Unable to run application VISTA

Thanks Flavius, yes you are right, this is a game Age of Empires.
Actually Readme doc says:

*A. Installing -Age of Empires III-*

To install -Age of Empires III-, you must have administrator rights on
your computer and your computer must be running Microsoft Windows« XP.

so I guess is non-compatible w vista?

Any suggestion?>

Thanks for you help!

--
fernandini26
Flavius

fernandini26;1079422 Wrote:
> Thanks Flavius, yes you are right, this is a game Age of Empires.
> Actually Readme doc says:
>
> A. INSTALLING -AGE OF EMPIRES III-
> To install -Age of Empires III-, you must have administrator rights on
> your computer and your computer must be running Microsoft Windows« XP.
>
> so I guess is non-compatible w vista?
>
> Any suggestion?>
>
> Thanks for you help!

I understand the game is already installed,you can't only run game..
Find folder where game is installed and change permission:You have to
give for USERS group MODIFY right to this folder:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/15...rmissions.html
I think it help - almost all it work

--
Flavius