group policy service failed the logon

bage

group policy service failed the logon

hi! when i start up my computer and try to log into the admin account
(the only account) i get the above message, then it says logging off and
returns me to the logon screen.

please help me, all info on how to fix it that i can find is with
computers with more then one user account.

--
bage
Flavius

Re: group policy service failed the logon

bage;1071556 Wrote:
> hi! when i start up my computer and try to log into the admin account
> (the only account) i get the above message, then it says logging off and
> returns me to the logon screen.
>
> please help me, all info on how to fix it that i can find is with
> computers with more then one user account.

Login in safe mode and uninstall all protected
software:firewalls,antiviruses,antispyware

FYI
If you have installed Zone Alarm I'm sure it is responsible for your
trouble

--
Flavius
bage

Re: group policy service failed the logon

i tried uninstalling everything like you suggested and i still have the
same problem

bage;1107920 Wrote:
> i tried uninstalling everything like you suggested and i still have the
> same problem

Disable all non-system services this means make clean boot procedure
'How to perform a clean boot procedure to determine whether background
programs are interfering with a game or a program that you currently
use' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796)
and check results in normal mode

--
Flavius
bage

Re: group policy service failed the logon

I did what you said, when i restarted and tried to login nothing had
changed, still the same problem =(

im not sure if this will help, but i was able to activate the admin
account so i can use the computer out of safe mode, but i can not create
any more accounts with the admin.

bage;1108661 Wrote:

> im not sure if this will help, but i was able to activate the admin
> account so i can use the computer out of safe mode, but i can not create
> any more accounts with the admin.

That interesting:

Check manually permissions for C:\Users folder; it should be:

Administrators group:Full Control (all checked)
SYSTEM account:Full Control (all checked)
Users group:Read & Execute,List folder contents,Read)
Everyone:Read & Execute,List folder contents,Read)

The Owner:SYSTEM account

If permissions are OK make
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...tore-undo.html (METHOD
ONE)

--
Flavius
delphin

Re: group policy service failed the logon

Open regedit,

And drill down to
*hklm\software\Microsoft\windowsnt\currentverson\p rofile list* Expand
profile list and highlight the guids one by one.

if u find *c:\users\Admin* in the right pane while highlighting any one
of the guid rename it to .bak.

14802

Say in my case if i highlight the first long guide it shows my profile
path in the right pane. So this guid is belongs to my login. Like this
you have to rename *Admin's guid.*

Rename the long string to *admin.bak*. Restart your computer and try

|Filename: Capture.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14802|

delphin

If my post assisted you in any way Tip my scales
bage

Re: group policy service failed the logon

Hey thanks for the help everyoe, on this problem I just decided to move
all the files that i wanted to save to a external storage then i wiped
the computer and started from scratch again =)

--
bage