setting a bootup password?

verymad

setting a bootup password?

Hi im trying to setup a password for when my computer first turns on to
be able to load vista i want it to ask for a password, i went into bios
and tried to set a password and it says disabled? can anyone help me i
would just set a password at the vista log in screen but my brother can
bypass that somehow and im sick of it

--
verymad
Manny Weisbord

Re: setting a bootup password?
verymad <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hi im trying to setup a password for when my computer first turns on to
>be able to load vista i want it to ask for a password, i went into bios
>and tried to set a password and it says disabled? can anyone help me i
>would just set a password at the vista log in screen but my brother can
>bypass that somehow and im sick of it

You did something wrong when you went into the BIOS. Look again.
Richard G. Harper

Re: setting a bootup password?
Check your system manual and/or the manufacturer's support web site. This
is a very basic feature and almost all computers support it.

"verymad" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi im trying to setup a password for when my computer first turns on to
> be able to load vista i want it to ask for a password, i went into bios
> and tried to set a password and it says disabled? can anyone help me i
> would just set a password at the vista log in screen but my brother can
> bypass that somehow and im sick of it
>

> --
> verymad

David B.

Re: setting a bootup password?
So change it to Enable and set a password. Read the instructions on the BIOS
screen to determine which keys to use to toggle settings.

"verymad" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi im trying to setup a password for when my computer first turns on to
> be able to load vista i want it to ask for a password, i went into bios
> and tried to set a password and it says disabled? can anyone help me i
> would just set a password at the vista log in screen but my brother can
> bypass that somehow and im sick of it
>

> --
> verymad

Spook

Re: setting a bootup password?
Hi,
The bios will have a password "setting" where you may either choose 'setup'
or 'startup'. Choose startup and type your password.You can bypass this on
the mother board itself by connecting 2 jumpers. That's on the older boards.
I don't know about the newest.
Cheers

--
Spook