Admin Account and User Profile Passwords Not Working

bnbn88

Admin Account and User Profile Passwords Not Working

I have 2 user accounts on my computer, 1 is mine and the other my
boyfriends. I also have an administrator account, which is me, with the
same password as my user account.

I cannot access my user account. I type in the password and it says
THE USER PROFILE ACCOUNT FAILED TO LOGIN so I have been using my
boyriends user account. But whenever the User Account Control box
appears asking for an administrator password I type in the password but
either nothing happens or it comes up with an error message saying
WINDOWS CANNOT FIND "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RSTRUI.EXE". MAKE SURE YOU
TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY, AND THEN TRY AGAIN.

I've tried deleting my user profile and various other things but it
always asks for an Administrator password so I literally cannot do
anything and it's driving me mad!!!!! Please help!!

--
bnbn88
Brink

Re: Admin Account and User Profile Passwords Not Working

Hello Bnbn88,

You might see if this may be able to help you fix this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

bnbn88;1065846 Wrote:
> I have 2 user accounts on my computer, 1 is mine and the other my
> boyfriends. I also have an administrator account, which is me, with the
> same password as my user account.
>
> I cannot access my user account. I type in the password and it says THE
> USER PROFILE ACCOUNT FAILED TO LOGIN so I have been using my boyriends
> user account. But whenever the User Account Control box appears asking
> for an administrator password I type in the password but either nothing
> happens or it comes up with an error message saying WINDOWS CANNOT FIND
> "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RSTRUI.EXE". MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME
> CORRECTLY, AND THEN TRY AGAIN.
>
> I've tried deleting my user profile and various other things but it
> always asks for an Administrator password so I literally cannot do
> anything and it's driving me mad!!!!! Please help!!

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
help

RE: Admin Account and User Profile Passwords Not Working
There are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available.

Windows password recovery tool:

but I’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
it not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with
Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user
account to a blank password.
http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com

pwdump2:
http://razor.bindview.com/tools/files/pwdump2.zip

"bnbn88" wrote:

> I have 2 user accounts on my computer, 1 is mine and the other my
> boyfriends. I also have an administrator account, which is me, with the
> same password as my user account.
>
> I cannot access my user account. I type in the password and it says
> THE USER PROFILE ACCOUNT FAILED TO LOGIN so I have been using my
> boyriends user account. But whenever the User Account Control box
> appears asking for an administrator password I type in the password but
> either nothing happens or it comes up with an error message saying
> WINDOWS CANNOT FIND "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RSTRUI.EXE". MAKE SURE YOU
> TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY, AND THEN TRY AGAIN.
>
> I've tried deleting my user profile and various other things but it
> always asks for an Administrator password so I literally cannot do
> anything and it's driving me mad!!!!! Please help!!
>

> --
> bnbn88

Alexisxy

Re: Admin Account and User Profile Passwords Not Working

f you forget the administrator’s password but still can log on Windows
with other user names that have administrative privileges, you may
follow the instructions below:

Right click the computer icon on your desktop, select Manage, find
Local Users and Groups, unfold Users folder, right click Administrator,
click Set password… in the menu comes up. Click Proceed in the dialog,
in the pop-up, enter a New Password and confirm it. Your administrator’s
password is successfully reset.

Guest account may help to log onto Windows, but it has no privilege for
you to do the above to reset the administrator’s password.

If you forgot all user passwords and failed to log onto Windows, there
is no other way but to format the OS and reinstall Windows, or resort to
sort of software tools to remove the password and log onto Windows.
These programs cost some bucks, but are worthy and better than to
reinstall the OS causing consequences. The most popular programs are
Windows Password Reset 6.0 etc. Generally, these programs are easy to
use though turn out to be a scary command prompt to newbie. But do relax
and you can fully manipulate. Let’s take Windows Password Reset 6.0 for
example. You prepare a blank CD, burn the program onto the CD, boot the
locked computer from the CD, come to initiate the program, locate the
user name, and proceed to remove its password – all are at ease.

--
Alexisxy
Alexisxy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/88612.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

myerscw

Re: Admin Account and User Profile Passwords Not Working

: I Have Change The Computer Admin Accounts Pass Word Trying To
Straighten Out A Microsoft Office Without Changing My Standard Account
To Admin. It Will Not Let Me Log On The Machine Account When I Changed
The Password I Confirmed The Password And It Went Through. How Can I Get
The Machine Account Back As Admin. I Did Not Make A Back Up Disk.

--
myerscw
myerscw's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/150504.htm