prompt for admin name and password

alfrodull@gmail.com

prompt for admin name and password
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Vista Enterprise box, fully patched and on a
domain so that when I right click on an app and then click on Run as
administrator it prompts me for a user name and a password. I login
with a non-privileged domain account and need to elevate to an account
that has admin privileges on the domain and locally.

I know it is possible because that is how my current computer is
configured. I just can't find the tip sheet I found last time.

Thanks!
help

RE: prompt for admin name and password
There are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available.

Windows password recovery tool:

but I’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
it not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with
Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local user
account to a blank password.
http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com

pwdump2:
http://razor.bindview.com/tools/files/pwdump2.zip

"alfrodull@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a Vista Enterprise box, fully patched and on a
> domain so that when I right click on an app and then click on Run as
> administrator it prompts me for a user name and a password. I login
> with a non-privileged domain account and need to elevate to an account
> that has admin privileges on the domain and locally.
>
> I know it is possible because that is how my current computer is
> configured. I just can't find the tip sheet I found last time.
>
> Thanks!

GTS

Re: prompt for admin name and password - SPAM

"help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available.
>

> Windows password recovery tool:
>
> but I’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
> it not only supports XP, 2000, and NT, I have personally tested it with
> Vista Home Premium and Ultimate. It works perfectly to reset any local
> user
> account to a blank password.
> http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com
>

> pwdump2:
> http://razor.bindview.com/tools/files/pwdump2.zip
>

> "alfrodull@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to set up a Vista Enterprise box, fully patched and on a
>> domain so that when I right click on an app and then click on Run as
>> administrator it prompts me for a user name and a password. I login
>> with a non-privileged domain account and need to elevate to an account
>> that has admin privileges on the domain and locally.
>>
>> I know it is possible because that is how my current computer is
>> configured. I just can't find the tip sheet I found last time.
>>
>> Thanks!

finglonger

alfrodull;1062005 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a Vista Enterprise box, fully patched and on a
> domain so that when I right click on an app and then click on Run as
> administrator it prompts me for a user name and a password. I login
> with a non-privileged domain account and need to elevate to an account
> that has admin privileges on the domain and locally.
>
> I know it is possible because that is how my current computer is
> configured. I just can't find the tip sheet I found last time.
>
> Thanks!

you can find what your lookng for in "local security policy"

- start - search type policy, press enter and you will be prompted
the program needs your permission to continue. if your not logged in
with an account with admin rights youll need to run as administrator
- in the navigation tree browse to Local Policies and select Security
Options.
- in the righthand window scroll to the very bottom where you will
find the "user account control section"
if your using an account with admin rights then youll be interested
in the "behaviour of the elevation prompt for administrators in the
admin approval mode"
- right click the secutiry setting column "Prompt for consent" and
select properites or double click.
- select "prompt for credentials"

--
finglonger
Banned

Michael Armstrong is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: prompt for admin name and password
Quote:
Originally Posted by finglonger View Post
alfrodull;1062005 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a Vista Enterprise box, fully patched and on a
> domain so that when I right click on an app and then click on Run as
> administrator it prompts me for a user name and a password. I login
> with a non-privileged domain account and need to elevate to an account
> that has admin privileges on the domain and locally.
>
> I know it is possible because that is how my current computer is
> configured. I just can't find the tip sheet I found last time.
>
> Thanks!

you can find what your lookng for in "local security policy"

- start - search type policy, press enter and you will be prompted
the program needs your permission to continue. if your not logged in
with an account with admin rights youll need to run as administrator
- in the navigation tree browse to Local Policies and select Security
Options.
- in the righthand window scroll to the very bottom where you will
find the "user account control section"
if your using an account with admin rights then youll be interested
in the "behaviour of the elevation prompt for administrators in the
admin approval mode"
- right click the secutiry setting column "Prompt for consent" and
select properites or double click.
- select "prompt for credentials"

--
finglonger
I know a lot free windows password recovery ways.
The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account "Administrator" and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget Your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you See Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys Twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type "Administrator" (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from "Control Panel -> User Accounts".
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

Windows XP and further versions also provide another method to recover forgotten Password by using "Reset Disk". If you created a Password Reset Disk in Past, you can use that disk to reset the password.