Admin Password suddenly stopped working

jpaynte

Admin Password suddenly stopped working

I don't know how it happened, but my admin password (admin acct is my
main account with all saved files here) stopped working today. No one
was near it, but nothing is working. I tried caps lock, old passwords,
etc. I had been using it for several months. It is connected to a
password protected home wifi network. The other comp (no password
protection on second comp) is fine. My second account (non-admin) is
fine.

I am using a Toshiba laptop, and tried trinity rescue, but it wouldn't
start no matter how many times I restarted the comp. I changed the bios
settings to begin with the disc reader, but still no luck. I am not very
computer savvy, so even entering safe mode, I don't know what to do
next.

I also tried the offline NT password reset disc download. Again, the
disc wouldn't run at startup. I tried F2, F8, F12, and changed what
mode to start in and where to start from, but no luck.

If anyone knows what I should do next, please let me know. I now know
about password reset on USB, and I will do this if I can get it to work.
PLEASE HELP!

--
jpaynte
jpaynte

Re: Admin Password suddenly stopped working

NM. Still don't know how it happened, but I got the Offline NT password
to work.

--
jpaynte
bkodog